Monday, July 18, 2022

Stolen Choices Chapter 25

 


* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 25

“Commander and Chief, how are you doing today, Sir?”

“Let’s cut to the chase. I know you, as well as the world wants to know my reaction to what Mr. Chavos’ time at the house with me.”

“You were always a cut to the chase kind of leader. It’s what drew so many people to you during your campaigns. It’s also what might have had many people overlooking some of your more . . . misguided points. Those that Mr. Chavos pointed out in his previous speeches. Those that he knows states you have set him at ease about. Just how did you manage to do that, Sir?”

“I believe that what Mr. Chavos said earlier stated his reasons for his change of mind, but as I was able to change his perspective about me, he has done the same for me.”

“What does that mean, Commander and Chief?”

“It means that as of the start of next week, the law requiring every human to have a Sire among their death will be voided. It will become a choice. An arrangement between a human and a vampire. Also, each sector will have a Vampire and a human leader to work alongside each other.”

He could hear the cameramen gasping and other behind the scene people murmuring in confusion. Javis just hoped that his Sire and Dracula was still deep in the earth and out of touch. If not . . . all he’d planned would be blown out of the water before it even began.

“Sir, are you now saying that you admit to what Mr. Chavos accused you of?”

“No. Not by any means. But like him, during my time with him, I listened to his opinions and thoughts on what I had done. How things could have been handled in different approaches. Like he changed his thoughts about my actions, I found his suggestions as important and logical. In fact . . . some of what he suggest held a more reliable method for both races to mingle among one another. If I had taken a poll among the humans as well as Vampires, I might have gotten the same suggestions he gave me during our time together. I do not admit to handling things wrong, but like anything, there might have been a better approach to have taken. That being said . . . I can rectify that. Which is what I aim to do by making these changes. And I will be taking some polls on how society as a whole would like their new society to be handled.”

The broadcaster’s eyes were wide, but he nodded his head the entire time Javis spoke. The murmurs from the bystanders had only increased and were becoming clearer. Somewhere agreeing with his rectifying actions, others were questioning his actions and reasoning behind it. He was sure some humans might even wonder if Mr. Chavos had blackmailed him or brainwashed him. All those thoughts would be put to ease when the world saw the truth behind their relationship, but until then he’d have to filed those negative ones.

“Well . . . I have to say, this is sudden. Unexpected, but for some will be a welcomed change. I look forward to see how the world takes to this change, Sir.” The broadcaster looked directly into the camera and signed off.

Javis held his hand out to the broadcaster and thanked him. Next step was to get. back to Enapay and make sure they had a true fire relationship that lasted a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment