Thursday, May 2, 2019

Flash Fiction – Part 3



* * *
Unedited Scene
Adult Content
If under 18 leave site
M/M Content.
* * *
The rich brown paneling did little to make the grandious dining room . . . okay, more like a dining hall, comfortable. The air among the room was filled with hushed whispers. I didn’t care what the other five spoke about. What I cared about was finding out who each was. Which one would be chosen. I hoped if I spoke to them that I would discover more about what Clan Head was looking for.
“He’s here.” A soft tone male came up to my side and wrapped an arm around me. “We was wondering where the fifth guy was. How come you came so late?”
I glanced at him and stepped out of his reach. “My business.”
“It’s our now. You’ve been summoned just like the rest of us.”
He had me there, but that did not make me these . . . crap. Where was the women? Head Clan had chosen five men. Why? I mean it was his right to chose from all the people under him, but . . . why would he limit himself to only men. Surely the man wanted children. Men sure coulnd’t give him that.
“Did I . . .” A lanky brown haired man came to stand in front of me. “See Head Clan Roberts show you to the dining hall?”
Okay. Four other men. All looked . . . like me. They had my slender jaw line. My brown eyes. My thin lips. My height. My weight. But at the same time they were totally different. Not one of them stood up tall. Not one of them held animosity about being summoned. Nope. They wore huge, goofy smiles that showed off white teeth that sparkled. Ick. What was going on?
“Why do you think he chose you?” A third man came up to stand beside the one in front of me.
“Don’t know.”
“Course you do.”
“Whatever.”
“He doesn’t know.” The fourth man huffed. “I bet he doesn’t even know when or where he first saw Clan Head Roberts. Do you?”
“Why you say that?” the guy who’d wrapped his arm around my shoulder asked.
“His look. He was measuring us up. Wasn’t you?”
“Then he thinks he’s going to be the one chosen.”
“No he doesn’t.” the fourth guy said. “he fears being chosen. He has a life that he wishes to get back to. Can’t you tell?”
What did I do to give off that vibe? Whatever it was, I hoped Clan Head Roberts picked up on it.
“He might as well forget that.” The third guy huffed. “He will be chosen. He was chosen before the invites went out. It’s why us four looks so much like him.”
“Right.” I snorted. “I looked like you guys. Not the other way around.”
“You are right, Tex.” The second said shook his head and spun around, marching away. “How’d you know it was him?”
“He’s the only one that Clan Head Roberts showed to the room.”
“Ah . . .” The third guy’s face fell flat. “You are right, Tex.”
“Not to mention Clan Head Roberts had hold of his hand and he wore this love-sick look. It’s him. He is the reason we were summoned her.”
“You are wrong.”
“Then explain why he brought you here himself.”
I quickly recapped what Shamus had done. Or part of it. There was no reason for them to know that Shamus involved his father. That Shamus would be taking over the Irish Mob. Nope. Not their business.
“Gentleman,” A rough voice had all of us looking left, taking in the one man that the entire Witch World feared. Alex The Grand. “Take a seat. Clan Head Roberts will be here in a minute. You must be seated and waiting for him.”
One by one we took our seats. I was going to sit as far away from the head of the table as possible, but before I could get to the last chair, Alex The Grand took hold of my arm.
“Quinn Adams, your seat is right here.” He marched me to the first seat right of the head of the table.
“Told you.” Tex muttered soon as Alex The Grand left the room.
Damn. This wasn’t good. How had this happened? Why? I kept my wand down. Did the least I could to be involved in the Coven. Why was that backfiring on me? Was that why it backfired on me? Crap. All I wanted was to be back at my house, cuddled up with Shamus.
“Gentleman.” Clan Head Roberts came in, smiling from ear to ear. “I appreciate you joining me, let’s eat before we start the selection process.”

* * * Another Installment Will Be Up Next Monday * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment