Monday, May 6, 2019

Flash Fiction Part 4




* * *
Unedited Scene
Adult Content
If under 18 leave site
M/M Content.
* * *
Where they right? Had they been chosen because of me? Magic forbid. All I wanted was to get back to Shamus. If that was even an option. Most likely wasn’t. He was the head of the Irish Mob. He would be expected to take on all the roles that go along with that. It would change him. For life. How could it not? He would have to live up to the reputation that his family has built over the past two generations, including have a child. Like him, I could not stand the idea that he had to be with anyone else. Nope. Shamus and I was . . . over. Not only because he would have to be with a woman, but because he would have to turn his soul over to his position. He would have to commit crimes. Mabye even murder. Such actions would destroy Shamus. Make him into someone . . . make him into his father and grandfather. Not people Shamus honored or cared much for. Oh, he loved his family, but disliked their way of life. It was why he refused to take his father’s spot. Refused to step into the throne like position. Nope. And he’d given his life for mine when . . . it didn’t work. Wouldn’t have worked from the get go. Nope. Shamus threw his life away and there was nothing I could do about it.
“Gentleman.” Clan Head Roberts glided in, pausing beside his chair, giving each guy a nod, but me. I got a huge smile and a gentle tilt of the head. Crap. The other guys had been so right. I was doomed. I would never get to see Shamus again, even from a distance. “Alex,” Clan Head Roberts motioned to the table. “Have them serve our meal.”
“Yes, Clan Head Roberts.”
Alex the Grand did some kind of marching step and spun on his heels, before exiting the room. What was up with the man? He was supposed to be a killer. A major boogie man, but . . . He gave the same air as Shamus. Strong. Stubborn. Determined. Demanded people listened to him. Do as he said. All the great . . . Crap. He remined me of Shamus because Shamus had always been ready to step into his father’s spot, even if he longed for a life far away from the mob world. Crap. Shamus might have thought he would be able to outrun the long reach of his father’s arms, but . . . there’d been no way. Something would have drawn him in at some point. Least it wasn’t a death that drug him into the life he despised. Just a . . . love.
“I hope . . .”
Clan Head Roberts’ voice vibrated through the dining hall, but it seemed to circle around me. Warmed me. Soothed me. Why? Was he . . He was.
“Stop that.” Shit. What in the world?
“Adams.” Alex the Grand snatched the back of my shirt and jerked me out of my seat. “Respect your Clan Head.”
“Alex,” Clan Head Roberts smiled at me, making my stomach plumment. “I believe I deserved his outburst.”
Boy did he. He was trying to manupliate my emotions. I might not be an active member among the Clans, but I knew my magic. New it well. Could cast it when I needed to. Most thought me useless, but that was only what I wanted them to see.
“You are better than people have eluded to.”
Damn. Gave myself away. Play it smart. Not let your emotions run wild. I scolded myself. If I had any chance of coming out of this not under the thumbs of Clan Head Roberts I had to  be the me I showed people. Not the true me. It was the only thing that would get me through this.
“I knew you would be.” Clan Head Robert winked at me then retook his seat. “Let him be.”
I shrugged my shoulder, straightening my shirt back in place as I sat down. “I am nothing.”
“As you wish to tell yourself.”
It was. Not that I would tell him that. Didn’t need to give him a reason to continue down his line of thinking. Wanted Clan Head Roberts to see how weak and unstable my magic was. Not that I can handle myself with the best of them. Not even Shamus knew that. Wasn’t what I wanted others to know. If they did . . . I’d end up like Shamus. In a life that I despised.
“Let’s enjoy this wonderful smelling food.”
I leaned back as the servant sat a huge plate of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans with a side salad. Healthy food. Sort of. Could have been broiled instead of fried, but I didn’t cook it. Didn’t mean I had to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment