Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Flash Fiction Part 5



* * *
Unedited Scene
Adult Content
If under 18 leave site
M/M Content.
* * *
The meal was consumed with conversation. Not mine. Nope. I kept my mouth shut and head down. I ate all the veggies, but left the nasty fried food. Not going to poison my body for someone else. One of the things I could control while I was going through this degrading selection.
“Is there something wrong with the chicken?”
Another attempt at Clan Head Roberts getting me to talking. Wasn’t going to happen. Nope.
“If it is not done . . . I can have them fix you some more.”
“Clan Head Roberts,” Tex spoke from the end of the table. “I do not think there is anything wrong with the chicken.”
“Your might be fine.” Clan Head Roberts sighed. “Quinn . . . Is there something wrong?”
Damn it. He made it a question. No way to avoid talking. Then again . . . nope. Alex the Grand was ready to jump.
“It is fine.”
“Then why are you not eating it?”
“I am full.”
“You only ate your veggies.”
“So.”
“Watch it.” Alex the Grand took a step towards me, only to be stopped by a lifted hand from Clan Head Roberts. “Sir?”
“I asked him. Let him answer as he sees fit.”
“He is disrespectful, Sir.”
“I am the one who decides that. Not you.”
“Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir.”
“Quinn, would you like me to fix you something else?”
“No, Sir.”
“You do not have to address me so formally.”
Right. Alex the Grand was here to make sure none of us stepped a toe out of line. I was all ready pushing the limits. Not eating what was put in front of me. Refusing to speak to the Clan Head. Sharp tone when I did. Yeah, Alex the Grand wanted to stick a knife through my chest. Didn’t need him to tell me that. Nope. it was written in his eyes as plan as the desire was written in Clan Head Roberts’s chocolate covered eyes. Alex the Grand did not think I was fit to be chosen. I agreed. Wished Clan Head Roberts thought that way. Nope. His mindset was on the complete opposite end of mine and Alex the Grand. How did I change that? Make a complete fool out of myself? Disrespect Clan Head Roberts to the point that Alex the Grand was ordered to teach me a lesson. Then again . . . if I went too far then Clan head Roberts might give Alex the Grand the order to eliminate me. Not something I wanted. Nope. I simply wanted to go back a couple of hours and never read the summons. Never have heard Shamus contact his father. Never heard him take the head of the Irish Mob. I simply wanted my typical, boring, love filled life back.
“If you are done . . .” Crap when had Clan Head moved behind my chair? “The allow me to get your chair for you.”
“I can get it.”
I went to scoot my chair back, but Clan Head Roberts took control of tugging me from under the table and held his hand out to me. I shook my head and stood, walking around him.
“Time to get things started.” Clan Head Roberts waved towards the end of the dining room. “Join the others and I’ll get this selection ceremony going.”

No comments:

Post a Comment