Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Life and Love Lessons Chapter 14


Life and Love Lessons
* * *
Adult Content if Under 18 Leave Site, Please.
M/M Content
Unedited Story
* * *
Chapter 14
Before I could get the rest of my explanation out people where rushing around her and Mr. Chamberland was holding a hystical Sandy in his arms. He had a scowl on his face and growled at Rex to explain what he did to poor Sandy. That no woman should be this upset. Not that Mr. Chamberland ever cared about women’s feeling in the past. Rex had saw how he treated the women he brought home to bed.
Rex stood up taller and spoke in a normal tone, not caring that everyone had gone silence. “I was trying to explain to her that I was invoking the Previous Mate Rule.”
Mr. Chamberland’s eye’s went wide and a snarl filled the air squashing the murmurs of disbeliefs coming from the other pack members.
“You have not found no mate.” Mr. Chamberland finally said.
“I found my mate the first day I arrived. I did not know about my mate until I read the books you provided me.” Rex made sure to keep the pronouns out of his speech. He would not specfy what sex his mate was.
“Then who is she? Why is she not at your side?”
“I decided that I would be better off without my mate, so I decided to Revoke our Mateship.” Rex wasn’t quite sure if he used the right wordage there, but he was sure Mr. Chamberland knew what he meant. His mouth sure dropped open for a second, but then he got this huge smile on his face.
“You are lying and you will take Sandy on her date. That is an order.”
Rex expected this and prepared for it. “I have proof.”
“You do not.”
“Ask your Second in Command.”
Mr. Chamberland glanced at Larry, who seemed rattled for a minute then recovered quickly. “I witness him reject his mate. I’m sorry I did not say anything, never thought he would use such a rule.”
Larry had done just like Rex expected him to do. Man was great at saving his own ass and aiding others. He was always sending people to me to help them. He was also a great guy. Since I got to know him, I wished he had been willing to be my mate. He would have been a nice partner. Just wasn’t in the cards. Maybe someone else would be given to me.
“Fine. Fine.” Mr. Chamberland’s promise of retribution clung in those two words, but he softened his tone when he dealt with Sandy. “I’m sorry this has happened to you, Sandy. If I had know I would have never . . .”
“It’s fine, Alpha.” She wiped her eyes and smiled up at him. “I have other options in the pack.”
“That’s great, honey.” Mr. Chamberland said and patted her on the back. “Then go enjoy the rest of the night.” He watched her walk away and then faced me. “As for you, you just bought yourself three days in the cage.”
Another thing Rex expected. Actually, he’d expected time in the dungeon. Guess Mr. Chamberland figured he’d have to go easier on him since he had that meeting coming up with his biological father.
“Larry take him to the cage.”
“Wolf or human, Sir?”
“Human.”
Shit. That was going to be uncomfortable. Oh well. He’d handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment