Monday, March 7, 2022

An Entourage of Love Chapter 30

 

* * *

Unedited Free Written Story

Adult Content. If under 18 leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 30

Bobby sat at the table with James when Tommy came in followed by Uncle Tony. He came over with his head down and in that soft, tenor, sexy tone he had apologized.

“I’m sorry I lied to you. For all the hurt I caused you. Take care of yourself. I wish the most happiness for you.”

Bobby found himself speechless. Water bubbled up behind his eyes. He wasn’t sure why. He had known what was coming, but him and Cal still had their mate connection to him. It hurt deep to know that their mate had lied to them. Made them fall in love with them when he had another family hidden away. Had already chosen a mate, even if he had not officially mated to her. He had committed himself to her in other ways. Right down to having a son with her. Couldn’t get no more committed than that.

“James,” Uncle Tony’s voice drew him out of his depressing thoughts. That and the soft squezze to his hand. “May I set up a time to meet with you and Bobby?”

“That would be great.” James smiled over at him. “We also need to if you wish us to stay here or do I need to find us another place.”

“We will discuss that with the other stuff.”

“Is two okay with you?”

“I will see you then.”

Uncle Tony nodded at him. His frown spoke volumes. Sorry I’m taking your mate from you. Sorry my nephew did this. Sorry I’m breaking both of our hearts.  Plain out, Uncle Tony despised what he was about to do. What he had been forced to do.

Just as the two of them reached the door, it swung open and Tyler and Bill walked in. Bobby was up and down the hallway. Bill dove into his arms, squeezing him tight.

“I have a mate like you do.”

Bill’s simple, excited, child like comment was all it took. Tears spilled over and his shoulders began lifting and falling all on their own. He screamed for them to stop. But there was no stopping it. He’d taken all he could. The last straw for him and his wolf had just walked out to his death. In less than an hour, he’d have no mate . . . What was he thinking? He had James. He was a mate. Not a pure wolf mate like Tommy had been, but he was a solid, strong mate. That thought sent him crumpling to his knees.

Bill stepped back, holding him at arms length. “What is wrong, brother?

James came over and helped him to his feet, tugging me against his chest, allowing him to bury his face in his chest. “He just had too much to deal with lately. This last new bit pushed him over his limit. He needs to rest. Come join us for breakfast.”

“Who are you?” Bill’s question had Bobby snuggling closer to James, but before he could move to answer his brothers James calmly did so.

“Bill, I’m James, your brother’s Fated mate.”

“Nice to meet you, but I’m not sure what that means. Tyler, is he going to hurt my brother?”

Tyler, bless his heart came to Bobby’s rescue. He’d owe James and him so much by the time he was able to pull his act together.

“He is telling the truth. He cares for him. James has told me about him several times.”

“May I sniffed my brothers o I can make sure he is alright?”

“Sure. Let me get him seated.”

James pretty much had to carry his weighted ass back to the dining room table. Bobby despised himself. He’d never faltered so much in life. Not even when he lost his dad. What was wrong with him? How come the loss of his wolf mate hit him so hard?

Honey, you loved him deeply. James’ calm internal voice eased some of the berating he’d been giving himself, but what helped more was when his brother came up to him and sniffed his neck, nodding.

“He is fine.” Bill took a seat beside Tyler. “Bobby, what happened?”

“Are you happy that you are mated to Tyler?” Dodge of a question might have been wrong, but he couldn’t go into explanation at that moment.

“Yes. He is extremely nice. He’s willing to help me learn all this stuff.” He waved at the table. “I mean I don’t understand why we are supposed to use all these nice, shiny round things for food. I mean it will only make them dirty.”

First words that wanted to spring from his mouth was they could be washed, but he knew Bill was being serious. He had never seen plates, silverware, or even heard of washing dishes before. He’d spent all his life in wolf form. Eating by the hunt.

“You did not answer my question, brother.”

“Let’s dig in and I’ll explain.”


No comments:

Post a Comment