Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Moloch's Prophecy Chapter 16

 * * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

Chapter 16

“One-hundred and twenty-five years old!”

“You can read lips?”

Why is that what he asked when he just dropped such a huge ass bombshell on me. A hundred and one year age difference between the demon I was prophecied to spend the rest of my life with.

“How much of a life does he have left?” I flopped back onto the bed, laying flat staring up at the ceiling. Course I’d be fated to someone who was about to kick the bucket. “What does it meant —“ A rough, deep laugh had me moving my head to the side. “What is so funny?”

“Nacal, son, you are eternal.”

“Huh?”

“Immortal.”

“Immortal?” I’m unsure if I sat up and got up or if I leapt off the bed, but somehow I ended up on the other side of the room, staring back at Maga. “You are for real?” How could he be? I was an Inccubbs.

“You are a demon. All demons are Immortal.”

“Inccubus aren’t.”

“They aren’t classified as a demon.”

“Then what are they . . .”

“More human than anything else. It’s why they live among a world of their own.”

Never knew that. Had asked a teacher once, but got told to ask someone who would know the answer and it wasn’t here. Ask mom and she said, it was just the way it was. Quit asking after that, if she didn’t know no one would have known. Guess that was a better answer than any other I’d been given.

“No one ever told you that?”

I shook my head.

“Well, don’t understand why they’d keep it from you, but because you carry my blood, demon blood, you are immortal.”

Another fact mom had failed to enlighten me of. Had she known that part? “Would mom have known that?”

“Yes. I told her from the get-go that I would have to suffer through her death once she chose me as her fated mate. Some times I told myself it was her kindness of not wishing me to watch her die that made her choose to go back to her Inccubus husband.”

Guess that would be soothing and easier to digest than to just know your fated mate preferred someone other than you. What if that happened to me? What if Prince Ez decide I was not fitting enough for him to even pursue?

“Can Prince Ez decide not to pursue me?”

“Yes, but I know him. He will not choose that route. He will come for you soon as he catches hint of you.” Maga stood. “Now, rest for a bit. I’ll come get you for supper. We will eat and then begin planning your Underworld Presentation Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment