Monday, February 27, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 21

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *Chapter 21

The room was a fiesta of purple streams rippling from the double wooded door opening off of the hallway of the grand entryway of my house and the huge organ like sliding gland door that took up the right hand side of the wall, to the front of the room where Maga and I had decided to what he proclaimed the Celebratory Tale. Cursed the name, but I sort of like it. Never would tell him that though, because it set me up as soon special and in that moment all I felt was sentimental. More than I should. I mean, it was yet another special moment in my life, one I hadn’t known would take place, that mom would miss. Question is, would she have been here in the first place? Would she have came to the Underworld to watch this moment in my life, or would she have disowned me the moment that mirror announced me as the prophesied one. Made a man think, and sort of didn’t want to think about it then. I’d grown to like the Underworld over the last month and half. I’d gone out, even met a few other people with the help of Les. Dad had insisted that a few guards follow me around, especially once he started leaking who I was supposed to be. He feared someone might try to take me out. Okay, that freaked me out more than a bit, but I didn’t let it keep me down. I knew that if I wanted a good showing at this event, and I did not want to embarrass myself, or Maga, that I had to let other men see me. Say hello to me even. Can’t decide if you want to get to know someone if you’ve never even seen them. So, I pulled up my big boy pants and began going out among the Underworld. Started with small places, like the grocery store with Les. Then branched out to the libary, yes the Underworld has ones. Shocked me as well, but they had some unique and antique books that one could check out. I found a few I had not read and borrowed them. I went to a few coffee houses and even a movie once or twice. Sounds like small outings, but turned out there were no such thing in the Underworld. Everywhere you went, no matter what time, was hopping with demons. I’d yet to meet a rude one though. If someone bumped into me, they always said excuse me or sorry, which didn’t happen among the Inccubus and humans. That was a toss up that most of the time landed on ain’t going to happen.

“You like the final results?” Maga laid a hand on my shoulder.

“Turned out better than expected.” I soaked in the ease that the gold table toppers poured through me. The color had always soothed me.

“What is that?”

 Les pointed at the one concession that Maga had made for me. He’d been a bit uneasy about my request and giving into it, but I thought it was kind of corky and funny. Would make someone laugh. He thought it would a bit tacky and offensive. Wasn’t quite sure how Les was taking it. He wore his, I’m undecided until I know the entire story, face.

“That was all my son’s doing.” Maga sighed, shaking his head. “I fear the results of it, though.”

Results? Could it get us in trouble? I thought the huge set of paper built, red tipped fangs would be funny. After all, it represented who I was?

“Oh, he will love it.” Les smiled over at me. “You are indeed meant for him. That will win him over in a blink of an eye.”

“Might Prince Moloch, but his Highness.”

Ah, that was the issue. Oh well, it was my party and I’d been told to make it mine. That’s what I did. Some old, fart of a demon king could go and fart his dislike of my humor somewhere else.

“Sir, Maga and Guest of Honor Young Nacal.” Char, our butler, came in and bowed at the waist. “The first guest arrived at the gate.”


No comments:

Post a Comment