Monday, February 13, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 17

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 17

Took me a bit of time to find my way to the small kitchen area only to find out that Maga ate in the huge dinning room. I groaned and told Les, that I would eat at the small island in there. His exact response was, “Mr. Angire will not be pleased, but he has told us this is your house so I will serve you where you choose to eat, Sir.”

Wasn’t sure how to respond to that, so I plopped my ass on one of the gold plated bar stools and ate quietly. I was halfway through my plate of broiled flounder when Maga came in. He scowled over at Les and I held my hand up. He didn’t say anything, but sat down beside me.

“Take it, it was your choice to eat here and not with me.” The small frown in his baby blue eyes struck a cord and had me quickly explaining.

“It wasn’t because of you, I promise. It was the huge ass room.”

His nose crinkled and eyes scrunched up. I snorted water out my nose, rushing to cover my face with my napkin. Him chuckling at me shocked me and the entire room apparently, because you could hear a pin drop in there for a second or two.

“Sorry.” I said as I wiped my nose. “That room is too huge for two people to eat at when there is a small, more suitable and communicable place avaliable for us to eat.”

“Communicable?”

“Yes, it is much easier for us to talk here than to sit in there and have to yell to be heard because of the distance. And I’m sure our voices would reverberate around the room.”

He sucked the corner of his lips between his teeth, letting one of his fangs show for a moment before it disappeared and nodding. “Did not think of it like that. I just . . . Have always ate away from everyone when I was home.”

“When you were home?”

“I am rarely here. Most of my time is spent at work.”

Had he told me what he does for a living? I felt like he had, but I could not pinpoint it in my mind. So much had taken place over the last few hours and it all slammed through me like a volcano erupting and so much more would be coming my way.

“I spend most of my time among Prince Moloch’s home.” He sighed. “I hated that I have to rush getting your Underworld Presentation Ball ready.”

Any other time it might have bothered me to feel rushed, but for some reason I wanted to get everything related to my new life sorted and going in the direction I would be living. I needed some sense of semblance of a steady life where I could learn about who I was and what my purpose in this new life would be.

“Okay, explain to me what all takes place at one of these balls.”

A trapper keeper the size of biology textbook was laid in front of Maga. He flipped open the monstrous book and moved it between us.

I glanced at my half eaten plate of food and pushed it away, hating how my stomach had began churning at the mere idea that I had to decide so many things for one event. Didn’t even think one of my events had taken that much planning and I’d seen her do some massive organizing for donations for the Incubbus Headquarters.

“This is the book I was talking to you about earlier.” Maga flipped the pages, about twenty or thirty at a time until he was two-thirds the way through it. “Here it it.” He turned it a bit more so that I could see the page.

Underworld Presentation Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment