Monday, February 6, 2023

Moloch's Prophecy Chapter 15

 * * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 15

Maga’s neck stretched to the right as his hand rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes darted away from mine. Doubted I’d get an answer from him. Appeared like either he wouldn’t tell me, or couldn’t for some reason. Should matter to me, I guess, but didn’t really. Who was I kidding? I did. Majorly.

Everything in my life had been ripped out from under me. My home. My family. The freaking world I lived in. Right down to my own body. I know had fangs and had to live off of blood because of some prophecy. And apparently mom had known the chances of all this coming my way was strong. Strong enough that she left a note in her will incase something happened to her. And it had. But she’d failed to tell me anything about my own freaking heritage.

“I can’t tell you much, but I can tell you this.” Maga came over to the bed and sat down, patting the spot beside him. “His name is Ez. There is similarities between you.”

“How would you know?” He didn’t even know me.

“Just from the attitude you have shown today.” Maga smiled at me, showing bit of his fangs. “As to how I know him . . . When I am not here, I am at the Palace arranging the guards for Moloch and all his three children, including Ez.”

“Arranging?”

“Yes, I am the Gen. Assassin for the Underworld.”

“What does that mean?” I really needed that book he told me he could give me. And fast. Hated being in the dark.

“Our bloodline was born with rare gifts that gives us a heads up on all other demons besides, Moloch’s. Since that was discovered each male of our family have been assigned to some part of the Assassin team for the Moloch. I have worked my way up from the bottom position to the top one and Moloch trust me implicitly and made me Ez’s top guard instead of his like protocol calls for.”

Would he expect me to be a guard if me and Ez failed to match? I wasn’t a protector. Not a fighter of any kind. Verbally, maybe. Doubted that counted much in the underworld. Who knew, from what Maga said so far it was much different than what I’d been taught.

“What’s our special skillset?”

“We are one of five families that can levitate and blur ourselves and others.”

Hadn’t expected that, but it sounded neat. “See how that makes you special to be on the assassin team.” More than proficient at keeping someone safe if you can fly them out of the midst of trouble. “Sure Moloch has one of the other families linked to him.”

“I have assigned one of the other families to guard him at his behest. He put his son’s safety above his own. Like any good father.”

“Then how did you get time off to,” I waved my hand around the house.

“Told him my son would most likely be joining me and I was going to have have a few days off to aid and help him settle in. And prepare his Underworld Presentation.”

“So he doesn’t know that I was . . . I mean you did not tell him . . .”

“He does not. If he did you would have done been brought to meet Ez, and that is not what I want for you. I want you to have a choice like all Underworld members. And that is what Ez would have wanted for you if you are his. He despises it when his father gets involved in his life.”

“Sounds like a wise man. How old is he?”

“Uh . . .” Maga rubbed the back of his neck.

“You have a very noticeable tale.”

“What do you mean?”

“When you are nervous, you rub the back of you neck.”

“Only with you, apparently.”

“What is it about his age that is going to bother me? Rip it away like a bandaid. Not like he a child, right?”

“Nope. Long ways from it.”

“Can’t be an old, old man.”

“What do you consider old?”

“Eighty.”

Maga’s face dropped as his mouth moved but no words left, but I read what his lips said.










No comments:

Post a Comment