Monday, February 20, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapters 19

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 19

We’d gotten all the decorations and the nitty gritty of the ball planned out and setup in one day. Goodness did my brain hurt. Never again, but I could see why Maga wanted it done and over with. It was a lot to do and he needed to go back to work in order to spread the word. His plan wasn’t going to work if he didn’t let his Highness and the Prince hear the rumor mill that I had arrived to the Underworld and why.

I’d been curled up with the huge book reading with the magnifying glass one day when in ran Les all but tossing his hands around in the air and huffing and puffing as he dropped his bag of groceries.

“We’ve done it. We’ve done it. We’ve done it.”

I lifted an eyebrow and sat forward.

“We’ve reached the Prince.”

“We have?” How? I’ve not been anywhere. Maga has only been to work.

“I was discussing your upcoming Ball with Jasmine and Tony when he walked into the store. Damn that man has an ass to die for.” He winced and frowned down at me. “Sorry, but it's the truth, Sir.” I waved his apology aside. The guy wasn’t mine yet and I hadn’t even met him. Had no right to act territorial over him. “Tony had heard the story before and saw who walked in so he began talking about your Journey Announcement Day. He paused and came right up to us, asked us who we were talking about, then nodded and walked back out the door and right up to his limo. I saw your dad sitting inside with his Highness. Sure he got an earful once the Prince got back inside.”

“For what?”

“Not tell them right upfront, of course.”

“Why would he have done that?”

“He knew the rumor. He should have, but then again . . .”

“Thought the Prince had to come to me on his own.”

“That is the catcher, isn’t it.” Les picked his bag. “That’s why your dad had to drop the rumors. By Prince Ez Moloch finding out like this, no one in your family led him to you.”

Good point, but what did I do next. Our plan had worked. The Prince knew about my Journey Announcement Day proclamation and would be gearing up to come to my ball in another week. I still had lot to learn about the Underworld and how it operated and who I was. How was I going to do all that in one week? Did I even want to be the one that he chose?

No comments:

Post a Comment