Monday, December 5, 2022

Moloch's Prophecy Chapter 1

 Hi all,


Today we start a new blog story. It's a demon m/m based romance. Hope you enjoy it and remember this is a complete free write, so pay any errors you spot no attention, I've done no edits on this. Once these blog stories are done, I set them aside and then come back to them and hone them into a completed book and release them.

For now, enjoy my creativity and let your imagination soar while you read.

Julia


* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 1

The tilting antique full length mirror loomed over me, even thought it failed to catch my entire image. All that came in view was my chest to my shins. My hands itched to move, but I knew better. The rules were clear. They’d been etched into my mind upon my birth, like all Incubus. 

Upon your twenty-first, stand in front of a full length Decision Mirror to determine the next phase in your life. Never touch the mirror or your life journey will be revoked. Never wish upon the mirror or your path will be detoured. Never use another family’s mirror or risk turning into stone. 

Most dreamed of the day they stood in front of the Decision Mirror. I had until I was thirteen and my eldest brother, Ranko, played a mean trick on me. He was born on Halloween and thought it would be harlious to tell me that the a huge, red and yellow spotted snake came out of the Decision Mirror, speaking in our race’s language then struck before returning to his home inside the mirror. He’d gone as far as to fake two small snake-like teeth marks on his shoulder blade. He chose snake, because they became my biggest fear after getting caught in a snake pit when I was five.

“Well, what has it said?” Ranko asked from the hallway. “What is taking you so long, pipsquik?”

Ranko rushing felt wrong. Knew he only done it because he felt like he had to. Most of the time he ignored me. Left me to my own devices, which is the way I liked it. Felt sorry for him, sort of, but was glad he stepped up and took me in when Mom and Dad were killed the fire that consumed the Incubi Headquarters when it was bombed by the Succubus 4Life group. Stupid ass group believed that just because history showed Incubus going after females that they could not be attracted to men. Wasn’t the case and my mom and dad, liked over two-thirds of our government, supported that choice and implemented the decree that Incubus had the right to chose their own partners, whatever gender or number of partners that might be.

“Nacal, I know it’s difficult, but it’s tradition and they would want us to follow through with it. Grandma Sto is waiting with Uncle Lal, the entire place has been prepared for your announcement. Come on, get with it.”

Course they were. I’d told them I didn’t want no big show made of this day. Mom always made a grand show for our Journey Announcement Day, but it was done in front of the entire family. I’d managed to convince Ranko to allow me to do so in private.

Did so because I really didn’t want everyone to see my fear of standing in front of the Decision Mirror. Entire body shook as I told myself to squat, placing my face in front of the mirror, getting the future of my life, but my young knees refused to bend.

The door flew open and Grandma Stood and Uncle Lal barged in with Ranko storming in behind them screaming at them to get out.

“What are you doing?” I spun, hoping I gave them all the best imitation of mom’s glare that put the fear of death in us kids. Must not have because Grandma Sto placed her hands on her hips and pointed at the mirror.

“You will not disrespect your mother’s tradition by doing this alone. Now get your scrawny, square Sto face in front of that mirror.”

Think her stern voice might put mom’s death glare a step down from the top rank of put a child in his or her place. Sure did me. Had me taking in a deep breath and facing the Decision Mirror again.

I steeled my nerves and forced my knees to bend as I said the magical words that evoked the Decision Mirror.

“Mirror of Mirror of the Sto family line, enlighten me. Am I Spirit? Am I a Time? Am I Elements?”

All that came into view was the face that stared at me each morning and night. Blond hair that touched the base of my neck and bangs feathered to the right. The eyes staring back at me was my father’s, which caused an ache deep inside me each time I looked, which was why I limited my time in front of a mirror. Another reason I dreaded Journey Announcement Day. My father wasn’t like my Mom, Dad and four older brothers. Nope. He was an enigma to me. Mom refused to tell me who he was, or where he lived, or how I came to be when she was still with the father of my four brothers. My Dad wouldn’t discuss it either and none of my four brothers knew, or if they did they refused to speak to me about it. I’m sure Ranko knew. He had been thirteen when I was born, old enough to take note of what was going on around him and his parents, but his lips remained sealed.

“It’s happening.” Grandma Sto’s excitement drew me from my thoughts and had me glancing up. Black and white smoke formed swirled, fast until it began to take shape, but it wasn’t one of the three paths. In fact, what came into view had me tilting my head sidewards and leaning towards the mirror. I tried to look behind the grayish-white, cloudy looking skull, but everything behind it was pitch blackness. No sign of the Spirit, Time or Element Symbol. All the mirror showed was the skull.

“No! No! No! Not my brother.”

What? He knew what the skull meant? I spun to face him, but Uncle Lal’s pale face and Grandma Sto’s huge, gum showing smile had me pausing. Her comment drove more fear through my already consumed body.

“He has been chosen by the Underworld.”

No comments:

Post a Comment