Monday, December 19, 2022

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 5


* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 5

Great. Not only had I been different from my entire family me entire life, but I’d been a way for my mom to get back to the family she longed to be with. Had she wanted me at all? Was I just a reminder of what it took to get herself away from some . . .

“What are you?”

“Why do you asked question you know the answer to, Son?”

Smartass was what he was.

“Whatever your name is,” Grandma Sto’s finally lost her giggles and put on her serious parental tone. “My family has no idea what is below our world. Neither the Sto family or the Eranon family.”

Among the Succubus/Incubus world, the combining of two families results in the couple taking the Succubus’ surname. It was tradition long lived by. Some of the newer couplings prefer to keep the Incubus’ family line going, which was one of the laws that mom and dad fought to allow.

“Ah . . . Mr. Dearnil Eranon, the man who owned my Sweet, Sweet Jilysss’ heart. So you are telling me, not only was my son kept in the dark about who his sire was, but also where I came from and his other way of life.”

“He has no other way of life.” Ranko threw a punch towards the Skelton face, going right through it, parting the mist, getting a deep, rich laugh.

“Young man, I approve of your protectiveness of your brother, but you are nothing but a mere flee to me.”

“Not if you would show yourself.”

Didn’t want the . . . whatever he was, to show himself. DIdn’t want him anywhere near me. Wanted him to leave me be. But my gut told me that wasn’t going to be an option. The mirror had made its proclamation and that would be my life, rather I liked it or not.

“Damn it.” I covered my face, refusing to let the bubbles forming behind them fall. “Just tell me what I am if I am not an Incubbus.”

Warm, soothing hands landed on my shoulder. Ones that I’d felt the day mom and dad had died. Ranko had tried to break the news to me without destroying my world, failing miserably. Whatever he would say would be just as poorly said as then.

“You are an Inccubus. You are my brother, Nacal. That is all that matters. Not what this ghost like ass-jerk says.”

Wish it was that simple. Wasn’t. Much as I wanted it to be, I couldn’t deny what the Journey Announcement claimed and Ranko knew it as much as I did. He knew how that declared one’s life. If I was not declared a Spirit, Element or Time then I have no place among the Inccubus world. Even with the government being supportive of the same sex and multiple partners they would never change their stance on the determination of the Decision Mirror. Ranko knew this as much as every Inccubus and Succubus alive.

My choice had been taken the moment mom made the bargain with this . . . whatever he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment