Monday, December 26, 2022

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 7


* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 

Chapter 7

Grandma knew something the rest of us didn’t. Other than my cloudy figured biological father. Ugh! Why had mom kept this from me? Because her life had been ended short. Sure she would have told me before this day arrived. Sure of it.

“Can I have some time with my Grandma? Alone.”

The ghostly, cloudy figure shook his head and I nodded to the door. Grandma Sto moved out into the hall and into the study that Ranko kept here.

“Don’t have to ask your question, Nacal. I know you want to know what I know and how.”

“Then explain.”

“All I can tell you is what your mother, rest her Inncubus Soul, told me in the letter.”

“Hold up.” I held mu hand up. “Mom told you about my . . . mixed status in a letter and you kept it from me. Let me be shocked like this.” How could she do that to me? Why Grandma Sto do that to me?

“I didn’t get it until after her will was read.” Ah . . . right. I remember. There had been a letter in there for Grandma Sto and Uncle Lal. Thought nothing of it. “She told me her darkest secret and told me she feared what might come to life this day.” Why tell her, but not leave me a letter explaining it to me? I should have been told first. Shouldn’t I? “She did not want you to know if Maga had tricked her, or been mistaken about what he’d been told.” Other words, she wanted me kept in the dark about my true self for the rest of my life. Great. Just great. Way to go mom, keep your son in the dark and your entire family about a bargin child you made. Save face for yourself. “She didn’t want that there to happen.”

“Huh?”

“That sadness creeping to life in those beautiful baby blues of yours. She never wanted to see such in any of her children. Can you remember a day before she died that such existed in your life?”

Grandma Sto was correct, but it didn’t detour the fact that mom kept a major fact about my life from me. Didn’t matter how much it would have hurt me or made me sad, she should have warned me about what might occur during my Journey Announcement Day. It was only fair I knew who I came from. Not like I didn’t know I wasn’t a full blood Inccubus to begin with. Or not a full blood family member of my family. They treated me like I was, but we all knew the truth.

“Nacal,” Grandma Sto came over and rested her hand on my shoulder, lifting my chin with her other one. “Your mother never saw you as anything but as her adorable little, baby boy. She loved you like she did all her children, treated you like she did all her children, can you not agree with that?”

I could, but it didn’t negate the fact that she kept something so major from me. Even as mad as I was at her, my chest still ached for her to wrap her arms around me and tell me that it was all going to be okay. There was no one else in the family that could give me that sense of peace. Grandma Sto, wasn’t that kind of person. Ranko, well he was a macho kind of guy and didn’t do hugs. Uncle Lal, he tended to be more like Grandma Sto on that front, but always played peace keeper in the family.

“I’m sorry she’s not here to explain this herself. “Grandma Sto stepped back. “But her letter was precise on how she wished you to handle this if it came up.”

“And how was that?”

Grandma Sto stood there with one eye raised, glaring so hard I wanted to wiggle. Guess she expected me to know the answer. Sort of did. Much as I hated it, I knew mom had wanted me to suck up the pain and anger at her disloyal act and go along with what had been thrown my way, because it was the reason she had created me in the first place. It was the bargain she made with the demon hovering in the other room. She needed me to fulfill her contract. I already had part of it, by being born, but the rest came to life when that damn mirror gave made me the prophesied man-bride to the son of Moloch, Ez.

Just great. I’d been born to be a pice of meat for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment