Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 8

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 

Chapter 8

Grandma Sto didn’t say anything else, she made her way out of the study, leaving me there to stare at the dark paneling. The room was too small for such darkness, but in that moment it fit how I felt. In the dark.

What lay ahead of me?

Was I really going to be a piece of a long ago prophesied story?

How would I meet this Ez?

Would he even like me?

Did he have another he’d rather have than me?

Did I care if he did?

What if I didn’t like him? What if he was a total asshat.

“Nacal,” Ranko’s voice sounded as if I stood in a spinning tunnel that grew tighter and tighter around me. “The ghostly figure is asking for you.”

Right. Couldn’t keep the newly discovered biological father waiting. Entire life was out of my hands. I had no control over anything. Not even my breathing right then. It was rushing in deep and hard, leaving a solid ache in its wake. My arms were heavy and my legs were rubbery, refusing to hold me up any longer.

“Nacal!” A solid sharp pain shot through my head and darkness surrounded me as Ranko’s face hovered above me. “You okay?”

“What is wrong?” Uncle Lal’s voice thudded through my skulls as I shut my eyes tight, squeezing them tight, trying to rid myself of the sparkling lights. “Why is he on the floor?”

“Think he’s had too much.”

“Understandable.” Uncle Lal must have came over to kneel beside Ranko, because he sounded much louder, but at least Ranko was no longer in a tunnel when he spoke. “You going to be okay, boy. Rough road ahead of you, but you are strong like my sister.”

“I don’t like none of this.” Ranko sighed, running his hand across my hair, a movement he’d never made. “I don’t think mom would have wanted this. It not like something she would have allowed for any of her children.”

“Grandma Sto can speak for her.” I groaned and covered my face with my hand as I used the other one to try and push myself upright. Ranko placed a hand on my back in aid.

“What’s that mean?” Uncle La stood.

“She left Grandma Sto a letter, explaining all this to her.”

Ranko’s face shot red and his hands clinched. “Why would she not tell me? She knew I’d be the one to take over your care.”

Had no answer for that. Mom had made some stupid decisions in my opinion. Only she could answer for those and there was no way to get them.

“Doesn’t matter why Jilysss did anything she did.” Uncle Lal said. “It’s done and over  with. We have to face the actions of it.”

That I did. And it awaited me inside my bedroom. And on the Underworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment