Monday, January 2, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 9

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 

Chapter 9

I left Ranko and Uncle Lal in the study, arguing about why Mom had been so selfish. Never heard Ranko speak so hardly about our mom, but understood where he was coming from. She’d left both of us in the dark about a major aspect in my life when it should have been us that were told. Uncle Lal of course swore his sister had her reasons, and I guess mom did, but it made no sense to leave me her son, which would be a man after he faced the Decision Mirror. Grandma Sto stood outside my room, holding a folded up letter. She held it up to me, but I shook my head. Didn’t need to read mom’s words to know what Grandma Sto had said was the truth. One thing I knew about all Sto women, they never lied to their loved ones. Might leave shit out, but outright lie, nope. Not in their DNA. All left for me to do was to man up and move on with what lay ahead of me.

I pushed the door to my room open and watched as the cloud figure swirled in and out of each item on my desk. It looked as if it soaked up the essence of each item it brushed across and through, took in what each item meant to me. Something a father would have done, but why would he have cared when he’d willingly let mom conceive and leave him, taking me away from him to never see me again. How could he have done such? Why would he have done such?

“Ah . . . You are back?”

“Why did you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Bargin with her for me.”

“As much as I longed to have her at my side each day she was away, I knew she would never have been happy beside me. I saw that the few days she was here.” If a cloud could sigh, he had done so, right down from the distortion of the mist in front of the area that formed his mouth area. “While she was here, she felt the draw to be with me, like all chosen ones did, but her heart belonged her with her family and the one her heart desired. Not the one fate deemed fitting for her.”

“Fate can get it wrong then.” I wasn’t sure if that was comforting or not, because whatever the case might be for me, I would still be forced to remain in the Underworld. There would be no returning to my life as a Incubus. Or if I did returned, I’d be sent to the Graveyard Section.

“You have been deemed the one prophesied as the mate to Ez Moloch, your fate is sealed, Nacal. And I can be no prouder.”

“Course not. You accomplished what you wanted from the bargain with my mother. You got what you wanted from her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment