Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 10

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 

Chapter 10

The mist hissed and shouted, “I wanted my chosen one first and foremost. For all my life, not one second passed that I did not wonder what she was doing, if she was happy, how she was fairing, how you were fairing, if you held my face, my eyes, my lips, what sports you played, what parts of me you held. I gave all that up for her, because I decided it was best to give my chosen what she longed than to make her miserable so I would be happy.”

“But you still chose to ensure you got me out of the bargain, didn’t you.”

“It wasn’t only because of what I’d been told you were prophecies to be.” The voice dropped into a low whisper. “I wanted some part of me and my chosen mate to survive this world even if we were not together. Was that so wrong? I never thought she’d withhold that fact from you. Never thought I wouldn’t know she died.”

Sadness. Sure enough, it lurked in those last few words. Might not be able to see it on a face or see it in a set of eyes, but it was more than clear in how low and soft his tone was, and how there was a hiccup in those last two words. I might not like to think he had cared about me, but there appeared to be feelings for my mom, least I could give him that much.

“Are you ready to join me in the Underworld? We have lots to plan.”

“Plan?”

“Yes. It is time to announce you to the Underworld as my son.”

“What does that mean?”

“It is like a . . . what would your world call it?” I could all but imagine the cloud figure tapping his fingers against his chin as he searched fro the right word. “Debutant Ball.”

“A what?”

“Isn’t that what the women held to annouce themselves ready to chose a husband?”

“I’m not a woman. I’m an Incubus.”

“Right, but still I have to announce you are ready to select a husband.”

“Thought I was this chosen person. Why put me through such a charade?”

“Have to have a reason for the Moloch to make an appearance with his son, don’t we?”

“And he’d do that for some mixed breed demon who has no clue what it means to be a demon to start with.”

“Once I leak what you Journey Announcement Day revealed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment