Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 4

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 4

I’m unsure who sucked in the loudest breath, me or Ranko. Grandma Sto, of course, her bouncing turned into jumps and her clapping came along with smalls yips of delight.

“Grandma, stop it.” Ranko’s harshness caught us all off guard and actually worked, but earned him a one-eye death glare from Grandma Sto.

“Boy, I will still turn you over my knee.”

“Sorry, Grandma Sto, but this is all too much.”

All too much? Understatement and half. This cloud just told me he was my father. Could a cloud be a father?

“Who are you?” Ranko moved in front of me, pressing in on me, all but knocking me down. Wouldn’t have taken much. My legs felt like jelly wobbly around after being carried to the table.

“Where is Jilysss?” The voice asked again.

“My sister died six years ago. Who are you?” Uncle Sto’s voice held his typical chocked-up sound when he mentioned my mom.

“Why did I not feel her death?” I should have. She was mine. I was hers.”

She was mine. I was hers. What the heck did that mean? Mom never belong to no one. Not even my dad. She would have kicked his Succubus ass if he dared tell someone she was his.

“You lie.” Ranko said. “You do not know my mother.”

“You are here family. I know that, because I knew each of you when I allowed My Chosen continue her life among the her world.”

Continue her life. This guy made no sense. He spoke as if he owned my mother. Mom would never have went for any of this. And Ranko was right. This, this, THING, had to be lying.

“You are no one.” I found my voice.

“Son, you stand there as if you are in a cloud of mist when I am the mist.”

“I’m afraid you are right, whoever your are.” Grandma Sto’s still held her giggling lisp, but the bouncing had ceased. “My daughter, never spoke of what happened those few days she went missing.”

“Mom went missing?” I shifted my attention to Ranko. “When was this?”

“Right around your conception time.” Grandma Sto supplied. “When she returned she secluded herself in her and your dad’s room and only allowed me in.”

“Is this true, Ranko?”

“Yes. Dad was beside himself until Grandma Sto managed to get mom to speak to him. When he came back out, it was with mom at his side and she held the most beautiful glow. It was as if she was back to her normal self. Dad instructed each of us to never ask her about what took place and to never mention it again. We did as told. It was reinforced when you came along and then again when you became older and realized that you were different than the rest of us.”

“What did you do to my mom?” I spun, trying to find someone to face, but there was no one. Only the cloud of mist.

“Sweet, Sweet Jilyss, was My Chosen and our time together was amazing. I am sure she would say the same, but her heart truly belonged to another and I knew that. But, I had responsibilities to my kind, as she did hers.” The cloud reshaped itself into a face with downward slanted cheek and huge sunken in eye sockets. “We made an agreement and then parted ways, but I never forgot her. Never regretted my decision to let her go, but I knew it was what made her the happiest, which made it easier for me. I never expected to find that our son would not know about me. Or that I would have failed to miss the fact she was in danger. What happened to my Sweet, Sweet Jilyss?”

“You speak of responsibilities, what was yours?” I asked, but I knew what he was going to say.

“My son had been prophecied to be the fulfiller of the Moloch Prophecy.

Great. He barging with mom to have a son with him and she agreed to come back to the family she already had and loved. I was nothing more than a bargaining chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment