Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 1 part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story







I sat up taller and continued to gaze at the elevators. Where was my Godfather? Better yet, where was Hop. He would’ve been alerted to the raid on my home. Why hadn’t they came for me.
“Do you forgive me?” Raquel rested her hand on my arm.
I knocked it off, giving her what Hop called my don’t fuck with me look. Hop and Godfather swore it would kill the strongest person. Sure did have the skinny, redhaired woman cringing back.
“Honey,” Denny patted Raquel’s shoulder. “Kay - -“
“My name is Cree.” The stupid people had no clue I’d gone through a sex change the moment I turned eighteen. It wasn’t there business and apparently, the FBI agent hadn’t bothered to inform them. Didn’t matter to me.
I sprang to my feet and ran from the room.  The glass window rattled as the door banged against the wall.
“Kay, where are you going?” Denny shouted from behind me.
“Sweetie, what’s wrong with her?” Raquel said.
“Miss . . . You can’t leave the room.” An officer stationed on the opposite of the door moved to intercept me.
I skirted from his reach, making my way down the hallway. Two steps away from the elevator the door slid open, revealing Mr. David, the Logan House lawyer. Time might have stood still. The sight of him took ten million pounds off my shoulder. His head cocked and eyebrow lifted, telling me to maintain my composure.
“Cree, you okay?” Mr. David eyes roamed over me as his hand discreetly touched his phone.
I knew he would have a text prepared to send to Godfather and Hop. The Logan House lawyer was more than a well-payed man. He was family. He knew what was required for each situation before entering it.
“Yes, Mr. David.”
“Kay,” There was that stupid human name. If they had truly been my parents they would have known my true name. I’d gone by it since I was fourteen. My parents hadn’t blinked an eye when I told them that I was more male than female and that I wanted the sex-change soon as I turned eighteen. They’d simply told me as long as my Godfather agreed it was fine. They accepted my name change and respected me courage for standing up for who I was.
Denny’s grip was gentle but unwanted.
“Get your hands off of me, or I’ll deck you.”
Denny had enough sense to know I meant what I said. From the deep lines stretching across his face he didn’t like it either.
“Sir,” Mr. David moved to my side, “I’m not sure who you are, but I suggest you refrain from touching my client.
Denny spun towards Agent Carter, who had been leading the way since I’d woken from the sleeping gas.
“Mr. David,” Agent Carter huffed, “is the lawyer for Mr. Logan. I’m not sure why he is here for Kay.”
“My name is Cree.”
“Cree, let me handle this. It’s what I get paid for.”
“Fine, just - -“
Mr. Davis’s stern look made my lips slam shut. I knew better. Oh, Mr. Davis had to listen to me, but he’d been given orders from my Godfather and he outranked me.
“Agent Carter, I’m also the lawyer for the Hodges family. Cree is my client. I’ve come to retrieve her and take her home.”
“You,” Denny pointed his finger at Mr. David, making me tense up. Mr. David was family and I would protect him if need be.
“Just who are you?”
“I’m her father and you aren’t connected to my family.”
Mr. David glanced my way. I had no clue what to say, so I tossed my hands into the air. What else could I say. The FBI had their story and I was sticking to mine. The two pricks wasn’t anything to me. Never would be.
Mr. David sighed so hard his shoulder lifted and fell as he blew out his breath. “Why would you think that?”
His calm demurer didn’t shock me. I’d watched Mr. David during another one of the FBI scams on Godfather. He’d never once raised his voice while he twisted the witness’ story until the man had no clue what he’d saw.
“DNA, test proved it. She is Kay Stone.” Agent smiled and handed Mr. David a piece of paper.
“When was this taken?”
“After we retrieved her.”
Mr. David didn’t look at me. He knew I would not have consented to such an invasion of my privacy.
“I doubted my client gave you permission for such a test.”
Agent Carter stood taller, but remained silent. He knew he was caught.
“Cree?” My name was all Mr. Davis said.
“I was knocked out from sleeping gas.”
“Sleeping gas?”
Agent Carter crossed his arms. “She - -“
“First off, quit calling her she.”
“Why?” Denny nodded in my direction. “I gave her the name Kay Stone. Not this Cree she is going by.”
“Fine.” Agent Carter ended the discussion that I did not want to have in front of these strangers. I wasn’t ashamed of what I was or had done. But I knew bigots when I saw them. “Cree fought us when we extracted her from the safe room.”
Was kind of proud of my standoff. I’d showed them who had the upper hand until they took the cowards way out.
Mr. David laid his hand on my shoulder, more of a silent request for me to remain quiet than comfort. “Let me see if I’m following you, Agent Carter. You had a search warrant issued for a full raid on a possible missing person?”
“Not missing.” Agent Carter squared his shoulder. “He was kidnapped by the Hodges.”
“I doubt that.” Mr. David glared at Agent Carter. “The Hodges were upstanding citizens, who gave  to many charities. What reason would they have to kidnap someone?”
“They are part of the Logan Gang. Criminal don’t need reasons.”
My teeth scraped, creating a loud grinding that put a chill across my shoulders and down my back. Took me a minute to regain my composure. Some of it at least. “My parents weren’t criminals.”
“He’s correct.” Mr. David shrugged. “The Hodges had no criminal records.”
“Hadn’t been caught yet.”
“There - -“
Mr. Davis’ tightened his grip on my shoulders. “Doesn’t change the facd you failed to gain permission from Cree before you took her blood.”
“Didn’t need it.”
“You admit to violating her civil rights?”
“Sh- - - I mean he is a minor. I gained permission from her parents.”
“Cree Hodges is no minor. Not to mention you killed her parents in shoot out.”
My jaw ached from forcing my mouth closed. My mind screamed to smack the shit out of Agent Carter. Might have if Mr. Davis’ fingers weren’t digging into my shoulder. I’d have fingerprints by the end of this ridiculous conversation.
Agent Carter rolled his eyes and dropped his arms. “Just how did you find out she was here?”
“Cree contacted me the moment you busted down his front door. I went to her home. Me as well as her Godfather told your agents we could get him to come out. Our offer was squashed. We left and have been downstairs since. You refused to let me see my client, so I went to the DA. Found out some interesting facts. After that, I made a small trip to the judge.”
New they hadn’t let me stay up here by myself. Nope. they’d came when I alerted them. They’d done more than that. They’d been dealing with the rule breaking agent.
Mr. David held out a piece of paper. “You have no right to hold Cree Hodges any longer.”
Agent Carter’s face paled. “I’m sorry, Mr. Stone, but Mr. Davis is correct.”
“What do you mean?” Denny’s eyes widened, making my insides warm. Whatever game he’d been playing had been tossed aside, or stalled at least. “She is only seventeen. We are her parents. You have the proof those foul people took her from us.”
I lunged and screamed, “My name is Cree. I’m not a woman. Get that through your fucking . . .” I let the words die when Mr. David yanked me back when he took hold of my arm.
“Ignore him.”
“Mr. Davis convinced a judge the DNA test was gained unlawfully, therefore the judge . . .”
“What does that mean.”
“It means,” Mr. Davis grinned, “The FBI once again became overzealous and broke the law.”
“How so?” Denny intense glare at Agent Carter was comical, but I forced my chuckle down. It’s been amazing to see the entire conversation unfold. Even if the Stones’ kept calling me she.
Once again Mr. Davis answered for Agent Carter. “They had no valid report that Zoe was missing person.”
Damn. Then that meant . . . they’d stormed my home without reason. My parents had been murdered.
“We did.” Agent Carter’s reign on his control broke with each word he shouted.
“Where is it?”
Mr. Davis questions was calm and quiet, which had me stepping forward, only to be stopped by Mr. Davis again. Someone needed to be raging war with Agent Carter. He’d gotten by with murder. Taken my parents from me for no reason. Did that not matter to anyone other than me. Had to, but it would come at a later point and time. I knew it. Mr. Davis would not have forgotten about my parents. Neither would my Godfather. He was simply dealing with the main issue. Getting me out of the hands of the FBI.
“The aged photo of her was seen by a citizen and was reported.”
“Hmm . . .” Mr. Davis’ grin held no humor or any emotions. How was he so patients. I was going out of mind. None of the day’s events made sense. Agent Carter was known for crossing the line due to his obsession of the Logan House, but he’d never gone as far as he had today. He’d never killed anyone. “An aged photo would not have worked. Cree no longer holds an air of a woman. You can look at him and see that. His hairs is cut in a military style. One nose ring and an eyebrow pierced, not two ears pierced. What you should have done is gone to her and requested her aid in clearing up the matter. If you assumed she was underage, then you should have requested permission from the Hodges to take a DNA sample. Instead you found it acceptable to take one from after killing her parents and knocking her out with gas.”
“Denny,” Raquel wrapped her arms around her husband’s shoulder. “What does this mean?”
“It means,” Mr. Davis turned me towards the elevator. “Cree and I are leaving.”
“No.” Raquel’s squeaky squill had me clinching my shoulders.
“Let’s go, Cree.” Once again I admired how well Mr. Davis handled the entire situation. Even though I despised how calm he remined.
“Agent Carter, she is our daughter. You can’t let them have her.”
I forced myself to focus on the silver door sliding opening, all but jumping through the door soon as it was open wide enough for me to slip through. Sheltered inside let some of the tension leave my mind, but my body did not relax. It wouldn’t until I was out of the FBI headquarters.
“I have no choice.” Agent’s Carter’s hand stopped the elevator door. “Mr. Davis, you best have him at the lab first thing in the morning.”
“She will be there at eight.”
I remained tall until the door shut, then slumped against the gold wall. “This isn’t over, is it?”
“Let’s get you home. There are two worried men waiting.”
“I knew something detained Godfather. Just didn’t think it was the law.” I ran my hand over my face. “Did mom and dad do this?” I hated to think they did, and would never let the law seem me questioning my parents.
Lack of response didn’t surprise me. Mr. David never spoke freely until he was sure the area wasn’t bugged. I had only asked to ease my own mind. Yet . . . it wouldn’t. what would was Hop’s arms around me. And one of his long hard kisses.
The limo pulled to the corner. Mr. Davis held the door open and I slid right into Hop’s arms. Warmth engulfed me as he tugged me closer. “Baby, you okay?”
I mustard up enough energy to nod before I buried my face into the crook of his neck.
“Cree, did they hurt you?” Godfather asked, but I wasn’t sure how to answer him. I wasn’t physically hurt, but mentally . . . confusion roared through me like fire consuming twigs of wood.
“I’m not injured.”
“Not what I asked.”
“Sir,” Mr. Davis interjected, “They did no physical harm.”



No comments:

Post a Comment