Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lies Don't Matter chapter 1 part 3


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




 “What does that mean?” Hop’s chest lifted as he spoke, causing me to scoot closer.

“Mr. Hop, Cree attacked several of their agents.”
“That’s my babe.” I pressed closer when Hop kissed the side of my cheek.
“How many?” Godfather patted my leg.
“Not sure, Sir.” Mr. Davis replied. “I do know they used some sleeping gas to take her down.” He chortled. “He’s lucky not to be in jail.”
True. Problem was I might have preferred that than being told my mom and dad kidnapped me.
“Cree, baby, what’s wrong?” Hop’s soft finger traced my face as best as he could with me pressed into his chest.
“That woman looked like me.”
My response pulled a deep, shuttering sigh from me. I’d refused to let that fact enter my mind while in front of strangers. I’d studied each man and woman who interacted with me. I could tell you their weaknesses and their strengths. Raquel and Denny had many weaknesses, but their best strength was their money. I knew they’d use it to get what they wanted. Her red haired stood out. Bit it did little to demean the fact that Raquel and I shared the same bone structure. The nose talking wasn’t like me either.
“How so?” Godfather squeezed my knee, but I didn’t answer. “Mr. Davis, di you see these people?”
Ice clanked and a glass was pushed between my balled up fingers. “Drink, Cree. It’ll help.”
“Yes, Sir.”
“Did they resemble each other?” Mr. Davis must have nodded because Godfather cursed under his breath. “What will this mean?”
“Not sure.”
“Why not?” Hop pressed the glass to my lips.
“Well . . . honestly, it depends on the DNA test. If she is proven to be their daughter then they will become her guardians.”
“She’s nineteen. Legal.” Hop snapped so hard  my drink splattered. “Sorry, baby.”
“Their daughter isn’t.”
“Damn.” The leather creaked as Godfather shifted. “This is fightable, right?”
“I think so.”
“Think so!” Hop shouted, making me cringe away from him. He tugged me back into his chest. “Sorry, baby.” He slipped his hands under the back of my shirt.
I knew what Mr. David wasn’t saying. If mom and dad had kidnapped me then the courts would be obligated to return me to my biological family until I turned eighteen. I didn’t want to spend ten months with them. For any reason.
“She is one of us. She will not be taken from us.” Godfather reached over and turned my head towards him. “You hear me, Cree. You will not be separated from us. I promise.”
“Sir, I don’t . . .”
Mr. Davis didn’t finish his statement. A solid look from Godfather had him sealing his lips tighter than a snapping turtle. Mr. Davis feared me getting a false promise, but he failed to see it was exactly what I needed. It was the only think keeping the tears behind my eyelids.
“What did the police find?” I hoped a change in topic would ease me more.
I knew my mom and dad kept a few guns stashed. Godfather forbid any Logan House member to keep papers in their homes or office.
“Nothing. Not even the computers contained documents.”
“Good.”
The limo slowed and turned into the driveway. Soon as the car stopped Hop climbed out with me in his arms.
“I can walk, you know.”
“I love you in my arms.”
I loved being in them. He was my rock. My solid calm place.




No comments:

Post a Comment