Monday, August 19, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 2 part 1



Lies Don't Matter







Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story







Chapter 2
Hop
Cree had fallen asleep before we got his shoes off. I tucked the blanket around him and turned the heater up.
“Will you be okay with him staying here?” Charlie walked in and kissed his forehead. The man was the perfect Godfather for my man.
“Why would I not be? He’s mine.”
“I know.”
Charlie held his hands up, making me wince. Wasn’t my way to snap at him. Others . . . well that was something that depended on my mood. My mood right then wasn’t the best.
“You know what I mean.”
I did. “I will. Have to.” My other side would dislike the warmer room and despise me for not claiming what was ours.
“Won’t be easy. Can you control both sides of you?”
Not a question asked out of responsibility, not completely, but one asked out of concern for the two people that he cared for. His Godson and his nephew. Not to mention the Logan House. It would be hard, but I could do it. Not much different than being involved in Cree every aspect of Cree’s life since the day the Hodges joined the Logan House. Right down to when he came out about his desire to change sex. Wasn’t that shocking to me. I mean, I always leaned more towards men than woman, but I never let Cree know that. He had to live his life for himself, because one day it would be lived for both of us and until he was of legal age, I desired him to have the best life possible. Other than the purpose meeting between us when Cree thirteen I never intervened directly in his life. All major issues, like his desire to dress like a boy and become one when he was of legal age always came to me, but I always went to him and discussed his feelings before I agreed or disagreed. I’d never had to disagreed with him once. He was strong willed and knew himself deeply. That’s what would make him a great man to be at my side.
“I can.”
I rested my head against the cool wood door, hoping it’d sooth my dragon side. Did little to ease the suppressed anger. At myself. At the couple who dared claimed Cree. At the Hodges. Had they stolen Cree ? If so . . . they should’ve told me the moment they found out she belonged to me.
Cree was mine to protect. There had been three main lines of defense for Cree. Charlie. The lawyer. And me. All three had failed my man. He had spent hours barricaded in the safe room. Then fought until they gassed him. Then . . . fuck. They’d taken his blood while he was out and without permission. Fed him possible lies. None of which was how the day was supposed to have gone.
“Today was ruined.”
“I know.” Charlie hung his head. “My Godson’s initiation day should’ve been wonderful.”
“More than.”
I’d spent ten weeks preparing for the day Cree officially became a member of the Logan House. For most it was a simple pronouncement from Charlie. For Cree . . . it was a grand party. Him being Charlie’s Godson made him royalty. More than that . . . it was the day she was to learn what being a member of the Logan House meant. Better than that . . . Cree would have been pronounced as my future husband. Most members knew, but it wouldn’t be official until Charlie announced it in front of every member. It was the dragon’s way of life.
Cree’s perfect day had been destroyed. I’d have the heads of everyone responsible.
“Hop.” Charlie pointed at my hands.
Blood oozed from the tips of my finger where claws had extended. I retracted them and ran my tongue over the puncture marks, watching the holes close.
“Charlie, they can’t have Cree. He is mine. I want to know what the hell happened. I want to know no.”
I tensed as Charlie moved beside me. I had to admit it was the safest move. My dragon was raging and I had no idea what he might do.
“Your highness,” Charlie bowed his head, “Hop, we will not lose her. She’s yours. Has been she was born.”
I sighed, letting some of the tension seep down my arms and through my hands until it faded away. “I should’ve claimed him on his birthday.”
“Couldn’t.”
Course not. A dragon’s other half had to be twenty before the claiming could be preformed. Didn’t mean upholding the law didn’t suck. Breaking the order of claiming might have caused a total different set of issues, but it would’ve given me more resources. As it is, if the Hodges had kidnapped Cree then he wasn’t even eighteen.
“This makes no sense.”
“What part?” Charlie kept stride beside me as I made the way into the hallway.
“All of it. But why would the Hodges take a child?”
“We don’t they did.”
“DNA test falsified?”
Agent Carter was hell bent on taking the Logan House down. Doctoring a legal document seemed far-fetched for even him. The silence in the air told me how much Charlie agreed with my unsaid thoughts.
“Think I need to call my father?”
“Not yet.” Charlie patted my shoulder. “Let’s see what Mr. Davis has found out from his internal sources.”


No comments:

Post a Comment