Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 24

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 24

Moloch paused and spoke to Maga for a moment then headed right over to Prince Moloch. He paid me no attention, or seemed that way. Moloch held stern eyes that bore right through you. His purple tinted white hair and grayish beard only intensified the scariness of him. It put a silent quake deep in me. I might have moved my seat away from Prince Moloch if I could have gotten away with it.

Prince Moloch seemed unfazed by him. He gave him a small bow and greeted him. “Moloch. What a shock.”

“Why is that son?” Moloch asked as he glanced my way. “Did you truly think I would not make an appearance today?”

“One could hope.” Prince Moloch crossed his arms. “It is my life I’m here for, not yours.”

“Yours is mine.” Moloch grabbed the edge of a chair and moved it along side his son. “Introduce us, Ez.”

Jerk. Couldn’t the man at least let us introduce ourselves to one another completely first? I mean, Prince Moloch hadn’t even had a chance to offer me his first name. I’d been so tongue tied, I’d not been able to say more than a handful of words to him. Darn it, I’d blown it already and would only make a bigger fool of myself.

“Your Highness Moloch, this is the guest of honor, Nacal Angire.”

“Sto.”

“Excuse me?” Moloch nailed me with an arched eyebrow, who was I kidding his eyebrows appeared to remain arched. They’d yet to lower since he took a seat at lest. “Did you just dare correct my son?”

“Moloch!” Prince Moloch drug his name out.

“He meant no disrespect by it, Your Highness.” Les bowed his head as he kicked my calf. “Isn’t that right, Nacal?”

“Course, Your Highness. I just assumed he did not realize that I did not have Maga’s last name.”

“And why is that?” Moloch raised one eyebrow higher. “All demon children take their father’s last name.”

“Among the Inccubus/Succubus World we take the Succubus’ last name.”

“But you are not of that world.” Moloch spoke as if I’d said the most offensive thing in the world. “Never have been.”

“I . . . Ouch. Would you quit, Les.” I rubbed my ribs, glaring at him.

Prince Moloch snorted, shaking his head at Les. “You can stand down. He will not offend anyone at this table.”

“Speak for yourself son. I think Demon Les is saving young Angire from digging himself a grave.”

“I think you should leave, Moloch.” Prince Moloch stood, waving his hand at the entrance to the banquet room. “This is a place for suitors for young Nacal. I am sure you are not in the market.”

“Not for him.” Moloch look offended beyond belief as he wiped his shirt off and stood. “We will discuss this more when you return tonight.”

Prince Moloch stood in silence until Moloch left the room and the noise around the room resumed. Sauces chattered, sure about what they’d just witnessed, and plates clanked as they were filled.

“Sorry for his actions.” Prince Moloch held his hand out. “My name is, Ez. Do you concede we have a lot to discuss?”

Did I?

I did, but I wanted to get to know him better as well. “Let’s take this slow, shall we?”

Another hard thump to my ribs had Ez holding up his hands to Les. “Please quit assaulting his ribs. He is well within his rights. This is all new to him. I’m sure where he is from his questions is perfectly normal.”

“It might. Be, Prince Moloch, but Your Highness will not - -“

“Let me handle my father.” He stood. “Would you like to show me around this place to start with?”

I took his hand and let him tug me to my feet and decide to take him out to the waterfalls Maga had setup out in the gazebo area. It was my favorite place outside the mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment