Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 26

 

* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * * 

Chapter 26

The night before had been more magical than I expected. I’d spent more time with Ez than I thought I would. When I’d reentered the banquet hall the other suitors had left. When I queried where everyone went, Les said they knew their chance was gone once I went away with the Prince. Guess it made since, was the truth. Me and him was meant to be. I’d gone to bed and stared up at the ceiling the rest of the night until I fell asleep. 

I’d woken hungry, so I came down the steps only to find Maga flying through the air. His arms scrambled to make purchase with something as he hissed and shot fangs at the invisible threat. I ran up to him, reaching out for him but a heat searing non-existing wave scaled my hand and arms. I jerked them back, tucking them against my body, forcing he scream down as my own fangs shot down.

“Maga, what is happening?”

His mouth opened and closed, but no sound exited.

“Les!”

Les came running to my side, gasping as he grabbed me by the waist, pulling me back.

“You can’t help him.”

“What is happening?”

“Moloch.”

My eyes scanned the room, stopping on the stern eyes silver haired rude man I’d met last night. Ez sat beside him shaking his head, jerking at his father hand.

“Ez, please stop him.” I whined, dropping to my knees.

“Why do you care for the man who kept your true side hidden?” Your Highness spoke through clenched teeth, but his hand remained high as Maga remained press against the far wall, dangling.

“He didn’t. That was my mom.”

“Highness,” Ez locked eyes with me, smiling. “I told you Maga would not deceive us.”

“I’m unsure of that, yet.” Moloch lowered Maga to the floor and held his hand up before Maga could speak. “Tell me your side of the story.”

Maga bowed his head after he frowned at me. I knew he did not wish me to hear the story. He’d refused to tell me the entire story. I’d heard bits and pieces of it from him, but a shortened version. I feared I was about to hear the full detailed one and Maga did not wish to. Either it was going to make mom look much worse or him in some manner. I truly didn’t care anymore. My life was what it was and I had accepted that. Me and Ez was meant to be and that was going to be my life. Ez has accepted the fact I wished to take things slow and he had even stepped in when I asked him to. That meant a lot to me. Showed me a lot about his character and his devotion to Maga.

“I was clearing the Shorefront Hotel when I ran across the Jilyss Sto. I knew instantly she belonged to me.” Shorefront Hotel was one of the main hotels used before the Incubi Headquarters were built. Mom spoke of it often when I was small. She despised the place, thought it was foul. Stated people used to spin on the leaders there. Maybe her hatred for the place had more to do with her run-in with Maga than her devotion to the Incubi Headquarters. “Once my job for you was done, I went to my Chosen One and brought her to the Underworld. She was pissed at me to say the least. Demanded I return her to the Incubus/Succubus World. I begged for her to give us a chance. Sank low enough to tell her the prophecy my family had been told about a child of mine being the fated one to the Prince of the Underworld.” Maga hung his head, shaking it. “I wished I had not, but I am glad I did, because it got me my son. I trusted my Chosen One to explain who he was to her, but she did not do as I thought she would. It was my fault that I trusted her to do so. I never believed she would keep his true side form him. I gave her all the books he would need. I have no clue why she kept him in the dark, and can not ask her. She found some way to block our connection, which is why I did not know she had died in some explosion.”

Mom had blocked him? That meant she went to a witch. It was the only way to pull such off, or according to the book I read. Why had Maga not going into detail about why he wished he had not told her about the prophecy?

“You are leaving out a major part of the story.” Moloch tilted his head to the right. “Are you not?”

“Why are you making me do this to my son?”

“I deserve to know if you are loyal to me, do I not?”

“I have always been loyal to you, Your Highness.”

“Moloch, he has been. There is no sense in putting him through this. No sense in hurting him. He has proven his loyalty to us.” Ez moved so he stood in front of his father. “I mean it. I will not allow you to harm my Chosen One in any manner. No cease this.”

“No.” Moloch shoved Ez aside and pointed at Maga. “Explain why you wished you had not told you Chosen One about the prophecy.”

Maga looked at me, shaking his head and said, “Son, I am so sorry.”

“It is fine, Dad.”

A smile came over his face and he took in a huge breath, releasing it slow. “Jilyss immediately decided to use it as a bargaining chip. She said she would stay with me until she was pregnant then return to the Inccubus/ Succubus World with her family, raise our son until the day the prophecy came true. She begged and pleaded with me to let her return to her family. Swore she’d take care of my child. Swore she would love and raise him like she was doing with her other children. That her husband would treat him as his own. I knew she would never be happy in the Underworld or with me. Her heart belonged to the family she already had. I had lost my time with my Chosen One, but was going to be able to gain a child from her. A part of her who would one day come to join me. Or so I believed. I agreed and spent several wonderful days with her.”

I’d been right. Mom had used me as a bargaining chip. I was nothing to her but a way to return to the family she had before I came along. She never showed me anything but love, that much was true, but she kept who I was from me. Why? I would never be able to know and I guess it didn’t matter. What did was my life had been meant to be in the Underworld all along and I’d been robbed of that chance because my mom loved her other family more than she did her Chosen One. I’m unsure how she was able to do so, but she had. I guess it was an succubus thing. With the way I already felt towards Ez, I do not think I could do such to him. Maybe it was because I was not already in love with someone else. Whatever mom’s reason was, she’d driven my life down the path it’d taken, it was my time to take it in the path it should have been down all along.

“Moloch, you have your answer, now cease the interrogation of your number one guard. You have known all along that he has not failed you.” Ez glanced back at me. “And all you are doing is hurting my Chosen One. I do not appreciate it.”

“Are you sure about this, Ez? Son, he’s blinded to our world.”

Ah, the truth of the matter comes to life. I knew Moloch would never accept me, but going after my dad was something I never expected. He knew Maga for so many years. Maga had worked for him. Been his son’s guard. He trusted him, why think he turned on him? It was all a game to try and turn his son against me.

“I ask again, Son, are you able to overlook his lack of knowledge of our world.”

MOloch’s skin glistened brighter as his eyes nailed me with pure uncertainty. Those all but dull, lighted eyes said it all. He anted his son attached to someone more educated to the Underworld. He’d not gotten the prophecized man he dreamed of.

Guess his dram was shattered like my Journey Announcement Day had b een. Neither of us dreamed of my life being what fate declared, but from what Ez Moloch stated he cared less about how educated I was.

“He will learn, Moloch. Simple as that, father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment