Monday, March 27, 2023

Moloch’s Prophecy Chapter 29


* * *

Moloch’s Prophecy

Free Write

If under 18 then leave the site.

M/M Content

* * *

Chapter 29

We sat at the table full of food, filling our plates. Ez waited until I had mine full and in front of me before he began to gather his food. I was waiting for him to get his food and begin eating, but we ended up sitting there staring at one another. There is no clue how long we would have sat like that if Les hadn’t chuckled from behind the island.

“What is it?” Ez glanced back at Leg.

“Sorry, Sir, but I do not think Nacal is aware of our custom.”

“Ah, is that the case, my Chosen One.”

“I’m afraid I have no clue what you two are talking about.”

“It is improper for me to eat before you have taken your first bite. Just like I waited until you filled your plate. It is my job to ensure you have been fed and provided for.”

Improper? What in the world? Why had that not been in the book? How was I supposed to know these small details if they were not noted?

Odd and strange customs. “What other customs don’t I know about?” If he is waiting for me is he viewing himself higher than me? He sort of is, but a relationship should be equal, shouldn’t it? “Why are you waiting and not me?”

“You should always go before me, it is only the safest manner. There are others for when we are out in public, but I do not wish to discus them at this time.”

Didn’t want to discuss them, then he knew I wouldn’t like them. Or at least thought I wouldn’t. What had being his Chosen One gotten me into?

“I think I might need to know these customs up front.”

“I do not wish to scare you before I have gotten a chance to know you and you know me.” He reached across and took hold of my hand. “Customs can be changed. Discarded even, if I wish them be.” He twined his fingers through mine. “But if you hear them before you know me then I fear you will judge me based on them and not my true self.”

Damn, he made a good point. I needed to come into our relationship with an open mind about who he was. Not what the Underworld required. Like he said, he could change things. Benefit of being the Prince of the Underworld.

“Agree.” I took a bite of lasagna, focusing on my food, giving him time to do the same.

We ate half our meal in silence before Ez laid his fork down and said, “Tell me what kind of movies you like?”

“Paranormal, Sci-Fi, and Horror, some comedy. Pretty much anything that is interesting. How about you.”

We fell into the twenty-question relationship part of the get to know one another, while we finished our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment