Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 5 part 1


Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Chapter 5
Hop
“Hop?”
“Fine. Fine.” One last look at the door and prayed his little round of lovemaking hadn’t screwed up the laid-out plans. Didn’t think it would. Wasn’t like I’d planned on sealing them together even more. My dragon side had taken over for a split second, gaining what it’d been requesting since Cree’s eighteen birthday. Or right after he healed from the sex change. That had been a major milestone is Cree’s life. Us being sealed would be another one. One I couldn’t wait for. One I knew Cree would accept willingly. Still, I shouldn’t have started the claiming process. I could not complete the finalize the claiming process until he turned twenty. Having the process in a status state for two years would be . . . difficult, but doable.
Other dragons did it. Mine hadn’t understood how dangerous doing so was. Hell, I hadn’t either. My father and Charlie had been stead fast on Cree’s human image remaining untarnished until the dragons were announced to the world. My father feared the humans as viewing Cree’s point of view as being influenced by her husband. Apparently, dating for five years didn’t provide enough devotion to the humans.
Charlie’s thoughts strayed down another path. He didn’t want Cree pestered because of the way his life would change once I claimed her. Seemed like most human women didn’t allow their men to run the entire show. Male dragons had the final say on all decisions. Some listened to their other half’s opinion, but most didn’t.
“Hop, you okay?”
What a loaded questions. I wasn’t okay with something threatening to take my man from me.
Didn’t need Charlie focusing on me more than Cree’s situation.
“Yes.”
“Then why the worry vibes expanding the walls of the house.”
“I might have - -“
“No might have. You did. I feel it. Smell it. Even heard it.”
“Shit, Charlie, please tell me this won’t mess up whatever plan my father came up with.”
“You’re lucky. It goes along with what our Highness said.”
“How so?”
“He wanted the process started. I was coming to tell you last night when you started the claiming.” Charlie snorted as he shook his head. “Apparently, your Highness was going to tell whoever he contacted your dragon had bonded to her.”
Okay. Wasn’t following my dad’s thinking. Not unusual. Father and I weren’t as close since my dragon hit puberty. Two dominant dragons weren’t able to reside in the same house without butting heads. Didn’t need that. I was barely hanging on. In fact, wasn’t sure how I managed to stay in a professional tone. My entire body shivered with the urge to rip everything near him apart. Even Charlie. Not that I would. I knew how to control my dragon side. It was just on edge. So was I. Double trouble for most dragons, but . . .
“How will that help?”
“Not will. Has.”
“How so?” Short answers had me snapping at the guy who knew me better than my own dad.
“Mr. Davis has been contacted by Senator Travis, who is on standby for the test results.
“Senator?” Why had father kept such a major source from me.
“How long will that take?”
“Agent Carter is trying to dig himself from a deep hole . . . One day. Agent Carter’s boss wasn’t pleased at how he obtained the first DNA sample. Or him killing two who he believed could bring down the Logan Gang.
Hated that label. The Logan Den wasn’t a gang. Far from it. Yes, there was some uncouth way of making money, but violence and drugs weren’t allowed.
“DA’s idea is a bit comical.” Charlie’s chuckle brought me back to the matter at hand. not time to go down a mental tirade about what the Logan Den was. “The Hodges were beyond loyal.”
“Why did the DA think they’d turn on us?” Made no sense. Rex and Grace had been in the den since Cree was two. When Hop came into the picture their devotions increased.
“Not sure.”

“Is it possible the entire mess with Cree is some kind of ruse?” Wouldn’t put it past Agent Carter to stoop to such parlor tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment