Monday, September 23, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 9 part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




Chapter 9
Cree
“Cree, baby, we are here.”
Hop’s soft lips pressed against my cheek as my eyes fluttered open. I’d fallen asleep. When? Not shocking since Hexton was four hours away. Full of nothing but green pastures and dairy farms.
“Sorry.” I rubbed my eyes. “You should’ve laid me beside you.”
“Why?” Hop tucked a curl behind my ear. ‘I like you resting on me.”
“You make a great bed.” I smiled, leaving off how comfy he was after a round of lovemaking.
“Ready to go?” Mr. Davis laid his computer aside.
Shoot. There would be . . . Id required. Red tape to jump through. “Uh . . . How are we going to get by the red tape?”
“None to overcome.” Mr. Davis pushed the door open and climbed out.
What? “Why not?” I followed him.
“I’ve contacted the President of the bank to find out what you’d need. Apparently, Mr. Hodges had it setup so your alias, or I could access the bank.”
Huh? Made no sense. Why would dad setup a safe box in my alias name and leave it so Mr. Davis could access it? The point had been to keep the law from discovering private information. Mr. Davis name on the account could have became a major snag. Although . . . Mr. Davis knew nothing about the box, let alone he could access it.
Mr. Davis held the glass door open for me. “Confusing, isn’t it?”
Boy was it. Made no sense. Last couple of days hadn’t. My entire world had flipped upside down. Explained why I hadn’t put up more of a fight about Mr. Davis helping me so much. Okay, there were a couple of exceptions, Godfather and Hop. Those two men out ranked me and I did pretty much what they said.
Mr. Davis approached the information desk and asked where Mrs. Kline’s office was. The red-haired lady pointed to an office to the left. We walked over and Mr. Davis knocked.
A gray-haired woman with granny style glasses appeared in the doorway. “Suppose you are Mr. Davis, the lawyer for Mr. Stimms.”
“Yes, ma’am. This is Katharine Stimms.” The name rankled me, but dad had warned me that he was not going to change my alias until I’d been a man for two years. It’d only been a month or two since my procedure. “We’d like to access her box.”
The woman stared at me for a couple of minutes and snuffled. “Doesn’t look like a woman.”
Shit. My body tightened and stomach dropped to the floor. How would Mr. Davis get by this little snag.
“Guess not. She has just completed her change to a man.”
The woman gasped and took a huge step back. “That’s why I called you, so I knew what kind of ID Cree would need.”
“I see. Well . . . Considering the circumstance I will need to documents that . . .”
“No you won’t.” Mr. Davis stood up taller. “You ensured me that my name was listed as a representation for Mr. Stimms’ safe box. If you need anyone’s ID I can produce mine.”
Right. That’s how he would get by the red taped. Shouldn’t have been any to start with, not with Mr. Davis listed. The woman was just a homophobic. Bigot against the Transgender community. Would she have been the same way if I’d been gay? No. she would have not asked such a question. There was no outright way to tell if someone was Gay or Lesbian.
Mrs. Kline took a deep breath and nodded at Mr. Davis who pulled his wallet from his suit jacket inner pocket. He held it out to her and she quickly glanced and passed it back to him.
“Follow me.”
There were two security stops. One required Mrs. Kline’s fingerprint. The other she passed with a seven digit code. She needed to learn to cover the pinpad when she entered it. I read each number she entered and it was imprinted into my mind. Not that I needed it. Just a habit of mine. Dad told me to always pay attention to my surroundings. Gather all information that would aid me in the long run. Wasn’t sure how getting passed the second security would do so, but . . .
“Cree,” Mr. Davis passed me the key Mrs. Kline had just passed him. “Open the box.”
Mrs. Kline started to object, but Mr. Davis cut her off. “It is my right to let anyone I wish to open the box. All you had to do was provide me the spare key. You have done so. No further job for you to do.
I unlocked the box while Mr. Davis forced the issue that Mrs. Kline leave the room. Once I heard the click of the door, I lifted the lid. Was weightless, yet it felt like it took all my strength to push it up. I locked onto a brown manila envelop, several passports rested on top of it. Not to mention five lines of different currency.

No comments:

Post a Comment