Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 6 part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews


Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story



Godfather leaned in and kissed my forehead, tapping his forehead against mine. “Listen to Mr. Davis. Do exactly what he says. We’ll be here when you are done.”
“What!” Hadn’t even considered them staying behind. “You have to come with me.” I could do this without them at my side. No. they were my rock. Holding me together. They had to come.
“They can’t.” Mr. Davis frowned.
“Why not?” Sounded way calmer than I was. My insides rippled and bile stuck in my throat.
“I’ll be at your side. It won’t’ take but a couple of minutes, then you come right back to them.
No answer. One wouldn’t come. Damn it. Hated being protected so much that I was in the dark. It made me cold all the way through. Nothing took it away, not even Hop’s warmth when he wound his arms around me, and pulled me against him.
“It’ll be okay, baby. Sooner this is solved the sooner your life will be yours again.” A soft kiss against my neck had chill bumps racing down my spine. “Go on, baby.”
Right. I could do this. I was strong. I was Hop’s man. With him at my side I could accomplish anything I set my mind to. I took in a deep breath and forced myself to leave Hop’s arms. I took the first two steps before Mr. Davis fell instep behind me, like most of the Logan House members did. Respect for my position among the Logan House. Most of the time it did not bother me. Then . . .  I needed support. All I could get. Someone to lean on. My strength always came for my parents, Godfather, and Hop, all of which wasn’t allowed or couldn’t be at my side. Sucked.
“Here we are.”
Mr. Davis touched my arm and nodded at the office with a bright red door. He reached around me and opened the door. The simple act of kindness, that always came my way, put me at ease more than I expected. It seeped through my pores, chasing away the chills of stress, filling me with peace.
“Kay, dear.” Mr. Stone stood and made one step towards me before Mr. Davis blocked his path.
“Let me to my daughter.” Mr. Stone snapped so loud that I cringed. Inside. No way would I let these punks see me flinch. Plus . . . I wasn’t . . .
“I am not female. I’m not your daughter. My name is not Kay.” I took in a slow breath and let my anger rush from me as I exhaled as I glanced at Mr. Davis.
“Mr. Stone, I suggest you return to your wife’s side.” Mr. Davis pointed at Mrs. Stone.
“Mr. Davis,” Agent Carter, who had walked in behind me, sidestepped me and went to face Mr. Davis. “Would it be so much of a disposition to allow the Stones to speak with their daughter?”
“I’m not - -“
“Cree,” Mr. Davis shook his head at me and pointed at the lady behind the desk. “Go let her know you are here.”
Right. In and out. Quick as possible. Then I’m falling into Hop’s arms and let him take all the internal stress rest on him. Wasn’t something I did often, but I was past my limit. These asswipes refused to accept the fact that I am no longer a woman. They refuse to call me by my name. Not even the name I grew up answering to until I told my parents I related to men more than women.
“Cree,” Mr. Davis placed his hand on my lower back and gave me a light push.
Right. The sooner they took my blood sooner I could return to the limo. Battling with them got me nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment