Thursday, September 12, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 6 Part 3


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story






The glass window slid open and a nice elderly lady smiled at me. “Dear, Mr. Stone already notified us about his daughter’s arrival.” The woman’s face held politeness, but she gave Mr. Stone a quick look and shook her head. It was that small show of support that had me squaring my shoulders and taking a stance for myself. I gave the woman a small smile of my own and spoke loud and clear. I made sure Mr. Stone heard me.
“I am not his daughter. Never have been. Never will be.”
Mr. Stone gasped. Mrs. Stone wiped her face and hung her head.
The secretary nodded and replied, “I have informed the ladies in the back that you are here.”
I didn’t even make it back to Mr. Davis’s side before a short white-coated man said, “Zoe Hodges.”
“That’s not - -“
“Come on.” Mr. Davis unsaid words for me to shut my mouth had me following the white-coated man.
I wished it had only been him that entered with us, but Agent Carter and the Stones came as well. If it would have done me any good, I would have objected to them being in the same room as me, but . . .
“Have a seat.” The white-coated man waved at a chair that held a blue strip of plastic rope. “This won’t’ take long at all.” He tied the blue rope around my arms and prepared my skin.
“How long will it be before the results are in?”
“Tomorrow.” Agent Carter answered.
“Then we can take you home.” Mrs. Stone’s words made me tense up m yarm.
“Relax, please.”
“Cree?” Mr. Davis moved towards me, but I held my free hand up.
“I’m fine.” Was and wasn’t. My anger boiled so high that it was past exploding. It was evaporating, but that didn’t mean I could lose my shit. Mr. Davis did not need me to blow whatever plan he was working on. Nope. I had to keep my shit intact. That meant shoving down the smartass response that I had about let fly. Then again . . . the presumptuous douche bags deserved more than a smart mouth. They earned a swift kick for making me feel like a prize. I wasn’t. wouldn’t be treated like one, either.
“All done.” The white-coated man slapped a piece of tape over the rolled-up gauze.
I took the empty spot beside Mr. Davis and watched as the Stone’s blood was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment