Monday, September 9, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 6 Part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story






Chapter 6
Cree
I tossed the book beside me soon as I heard the lock click. First thing anyone could have seen was my face since I blocked the door from opening all the way. Kind of comical.
“Cree . . .” Hop took my hand and tugged me far enough out of the way that he could open the door and pull me into his arms. “Ready?”
“As I can be.”
The walk to the limo was short and quiet. My mind even zoned out the birds and morning sunshine. The ride was as quick and quiet. None of us had much to say and the tension was thick as frozen chicken. Mr. Davis read over some papers. Godfather stared into space, which he only did when he was mentally digging through something. Hop nuzzled my neck as I plastered myself against him, debating yesterday’s events. More importantly my mind zoomed across all that might have lay ahead of me.
I was far from ready for the test. Didn’t want to know if mom and dad had taken me. Didn’t want to know if I was seventeen instead of nineteen. Didn’t want to know if Godfather wasn’t my Godfather, even though he would be no matter what any blood test showed. Those other people wouldn’t be part of my life. For any reason.
“Okay, Cree.” Mr. Davis laid his stack of papers down. “The test is simple. They’ll draw some blood from you and Mr. and Mrs. Stone.”
“They’ll be there!”
“I’m afraid so.”
“Why?”
“To make sure they provide the blood for the test.”
Surely . . . “They wouldn’t . . .” what if . . . “You think they tricked the FBI.”
“Cree,” Godfather took my free hand, “There’s several options we are considering.” Right consider every possible result and prepare for the worst. “We want to ensure the Stone’s give the blood. Not someone else.”
Would someone lie about something so . . . How could anyone spin such a tale. Should have considered it. The TBI took my blood while I slept. Or . . . Had they? Maybe they substituted someone else’s blood. Sickening. Horrible. Did the FBI want to take the Logan House down so bad they’d stoop so low?
God. Why had I kidded myself so much? Agent Carter and the DA had been after Godfather for ten plus years.
“Cree, baby, you okay?”
“No.” no use lying. Hop always knew when I did. Plus . . . no one would be okay with their life being fucked around with in such horrific manner.
“You can do this, Cree.” Godfather squeezed my hand and the limo door opened. He climbed out. I followed him with Hop getting out behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment