Thursday, September 26, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 9 part 3


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




 “When was this trip?”
“Right after my fifteenth birthday.”
“After you and Hop officially started dating?” Godfather’s eyebrow lifted and he tilted his head.
I nodded and scanned the screen. The computer had the basic desktop icons. Most didn’t stand out, but one shouted at me to open it. So . . . I doubled clicked it.
“Damn it.”
“Hey,” Godfather shouted at me. “Watch the language.”
I knew how he felt about me cursing. Hated it worse than my parents did. Guess they figured if they couldn’t stop doing it in front of me then they had no right to say anything to me. Not that it mattered to me, but Godfather had always scolded me for using such words, even though he used them regularly.
“What is it?” Hop bumped my shoulder, smiling at me and then at Godfather, who ended up rolling his eyes at Hop.
“Another password.” Frustrated me more than bothered me. I wasn’t so confused about what would be required to get past it. My dad would have stay along the same track. What else about the tripe . . . Ah, yes. The Prince and Lost Chosen. Dad swore it was as special as I was.
Attempt at Prince Dragon failed. So did Lost Chosen. “Um . . . do you guys know the fable of the Prince Dragon and Lost Chosen.” Figured neither did, but couldn’t remember if dad had called it something else.
Wasn’t sure which one gasped first. Hop, or Godfather. “What is it?”
“Who told you about the Fire-Breather Legend?”
I held my breath as I typed in the different name. The fire opened, but there was no date of any kind. Just a bunch of werbsite links. “Damn it.”
“Cree . . .” Godfather drew my name out. Wasn’t sure if it was for my language or ignoring his question. Both probably.
“What?” Hop leaned further into me.
“You got you phone?” He handed it to me. “Thanks.”
The first website downloaded, revealing a Dragon Folklore website. The second link gave me another link regarding the Prince Dragon and Lost Chosen.
“Why all this Dragon information?” I muttered as I keyed in the third site.
Noting about dragons, but . . . My breath stuck in my throat and my hand covered my mouth. There was no way. I couldn’t be looking at . . .
“What?” Godfather and Hop asked at the same time.
“Stone Family Tree.” Not  sure how I got the words past my breathless lips, but they came to life. “Ten generations, if not more.” Long family line.
My palm  stung as Godfather jerked the phone from my hands, earning himself a snarl from Hop. Godfather quickly handed the phone back to him. “Sorry.”
Never before. Godfather did not apologize to anyone. Clued me in on the fact that the two o them knew more than I did. Being in the dark was becoming irritating as hell. Would not stand for any longer. My parents lying was bad enough. Hop doing so was worse.
“You two spill this minute.”
“Spill what?” Hop asked without taking his eyes from his phone.
“You two know something about all this. I want to know what it is.”
“We don’t.” Godfather stretched his legs out as far as he could. “This is all unexpected.”
“Yeah and I’m the fairy princess.”
Hop chuckled, but it sounded more like a paint huff. “You just might be, baby.”
“What!” Godfather shouted making Mr. Davis press himself further into the side of the limo.
“Take a look. Looks as if you best friend was more than you knew.” Hop handed Godfather the phone.
Godfather’s face went ashen and his mouth dropped open. I waited for an explanation. Neither provided one. Doubted I’d get one when Godfather dropped the phone into his lap and hung his head. The lack of forthcoming had her retrieving the phone and studying the screen until four more names caught my attention. Raquel Dawn Dray-Stone, Rand Carter, Rex Hodges, and Katherine Zoe Stone Hodges.
“What does this mean?”



No comments:

Post a Comment