Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 7 Part 2


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




“Cree, baby, what are you thinking?” Wasn’t sure if I wanted to know. Didn’t need him going off on his own plan of attack. It could make the entire state of things worse. “Tell me what is going on inside your mind.”
Cree glanced at Charlie and said, “What is the plan if this test goes against us?”
Charlie lifted an eyebrow at me, which had me nodding. Cree’s lack of knowledge of the dragons and the limit of what he could be told . . . they were in a bind and needed him armed with as much as possible. Not to mention Cree had the right to know that people were fighting for him. Not to mention, Cree was extremely bright. He might seen another option.
Tight muscles in Cree’s body lessened when Charlie mentioned emancipation, until he heard how long it could take. When Charlie explained how they were looking into the Hodges’ past and money, Cree went limp in my arms.
I moved so his body rested across the seat next to us, and placed her head in my lap. A blank stare greeted me as I kissed her forehead. It’d been too much for her.
“I shouldn’t have told her.” Charlie hung his head.
“You did right.” Making me remind you that when I need to focus on my other half wasn’t fair. “She deserves to know what other surprises might come up.”
“There’s too much stress on him.”
No disagreement there. Cree was a super strong man, but had limits like anyone. Last bit might have stung her and caught her off guard, but he would regain control of himself. Soon. Knew it. Then he’d be hell bent on clearing her parents’ names. Just hoped doing so was possible.
Cree’s eyes fluttered, but he remained focused on the roof of the limo. I moved so all he could see was my face.
“Baby, you back with us?”






No comments:

Post a Comment