Monday, September 16, 2019

Lies Don't Matter Chapter 7 Part 1


Lies Don’t Matter
By
Julia Matthews

Adult M/M Content
If under 18 leave sight
Unedited Story




Chapter 7
Hop
“What is taking so long?” I peered out the tinted window, cursing each passing second.
“Your Highness,” Charlie’s use of my proper name tipped me off . “You need to calm down. Your dragon is showing.”
Dang it. Charlie was right. I took one knife-like claw and used it to pry the others from the leather seat. Took me flexing my hands a couple of time to force them all the way back.
“This is driving me crazy. I’m not sure if I can take another night of upheaval.”
“You have to.” Charlie pointed at the front entrance. “Here they come. Remain in control. Now isn’t the time to tell Cree about your other side.
“He looks pissed.” I hated the straight lines stretched across his face.
“It’s a mask.” Charlie nodded towards Mr. Davis and Cree. “Look at her balled up hands. He’s struggling with his own control.”
“What’d they do?” I’d kill whoever dared destroy my man’s typical happiness.
“No telling, but my Goddaughter isn’t happy. Can you not feel her emotions?”
Wished. Would take at least two more intense connections for me to gain mental access to Cree emotional state. What I could do, was pick up on ripples of incoherent snippets of energy weaves.
The limo door opened and I reached for Cree the minute he made to climb in. “Nope.” I tugged him onto my lap. “No seat but the throne for my man.”
Warmth from my dragon flowed from me, wrapping around Cree, easing him as much as he eased me when he snuggled deeper against me.
“How did it go?” Charlie wasn’t talking to me but asked just what I wanted to. My first goal was to get my man to a state of relaxation.
“Terrible.” Cree muttered against my neck.
“What happened?” I let my fingers trail up and down her spine.
“They treated me like a prize.”
“What!”
“Don’t.” I’m sure Charlie was going to rush in there and knock their heads together, sure what I wanted to do, but it wasn’t the time or place for such brash reaction.
“Why not?” Charlie stuffed his hands under his legs.
“Won’t help.” Wasn’t Charlie the one talking me down a minute ago? Oh, boy, would either one of us make it through this without falling to our dragon’s emotions?
“You know you want to.”
“I do.” Anyone who made my man feel less than his wonderful, amazing self deserved destruction of the toppest priority. “Mr. Davis” I twisted my head so I could so see over Cree’s shoulder. “What does he mean?”
“I assume it was the way they told her she’d be coming home with them.”
“Wrong.” Cree’s huff ruffled my hair. “I won’t stay with them for one single minute.”
Cree meant it. He’d run from them and right back to one of the Logan House safety zone. There were many around town. If the Stones lived in another area, I’d make sure Cree knew where everyone in that area was located. He’d have access to everyone around the world.
“We won’t allow it, Cree.” Charlie fixed Cree a strong drink and pressed it into his hand. Cree did not seem to notice Charlie’s offer, which was shocking. He never missed a cue from his Godfather. “Hop, get him to drink this. It’ll help.”
“Sir,” Mr. Davis scooted further into the limo seat. “I’m not sure alcohol is wise.”
“Why not?”
“She’s underage.”
“So.” Didn’t understand what that had to do with the price of dragon eggs.
“They may check her for drugs and other stuff.”
“The fuck they will.”
Charlie’s growl was worthy of mine and my fathers. His patients were running thinner than mine. One of us had to keep our shit together and since I was . . . It sucked to be the head dragon. I mean . . . the situation with Cree affected me more than Charlie. Yet . . . I should have expected it to effect Charlie in such a manner. He viewed Cree as his son, meaning he took it as a personal as I did. Kind of shocked me that I hadn’t taken notice of how on edge Charlie was before then. Damn. I’d been lost in my own personal hell, forgetting everyone else around me. Some leader I would make. Leaders put others first, even when their life was in turmoil. How in the world did father manage it?
“Charlie.”
Dragging out his name caught his dragon’s attention and hand him discreetly tilting his head. Hadn’t been my objective, but his orange glowing eyes faded into the background.
Cree braced his hand against my stomach and pushed up, separating us by mere inches, but the move brought all my attention to him. He wiped his eyes, revealing pure harshness that had shivers wafting over every inch of my skin. I’d seen him determined before, but . . . something entirely different. Spooked me and had my dragon pushing forward. I kept him at bay, by reminding him that it was not time to reveal itself. He didn’t like it but accepted it.




No comments:

Post a Comment